Anyone coming across from Crackberry?

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
In my personal experience it has one advantage. That is security. With swift key 3 or dictation, I type alot faster then on any BB I had and I was blazing fast on those. Email is the same as on any BB I had. So please stop stating the same argument over and over again I keep hearing from BB users. I was like you once with my blinders on till I tried something different and I came to realize how truly antiquated and pathetic BBs are compared to ios and android. Other then security and better battery life, BB are lacking and behind or at par with every other task or functionality. That's why its failing in the consumer market and strong in enterprise. However, as long as the boyd phase continues in the business world RIM will to start hemorrhaging users. For example all of GE/meba appliance division which has over 20 000 employees using company phones world wide are going to iphone come new contract in January. I know this because my mother in law works their. And guess what many more companies going to eventually follow suit. People are sick and tired of caring multiple devices to their work place or place of business. That's why companies are starting to allow boyd on mass as each year goes by. RIM has to focus on consumers if it wants to survive, enterprise wont keep them afloat forever. So no more talk of enterprise and lets get back on original topic.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Really? Your email, SMS messages , instant messages and every other form of text based communications are all unified into a single inbox, huh? With a different colored flashing led to immediately alert you which platform the message has come from as well too? And I've used swift key and several others and have never gotten close to the speed I got on my berry.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Corporate communication with BIS? I don't think so -that would be BES on the corporate level. BIS tends to be for the consumer level.

And typing speeds? I doubt that would be a justification - I'm sure people can type just as fast with another device. Email on a BB was awesome, but other platforms have come leaps and bounds and you can get email almost as fast as a BB. Does it really matter to get an email 20 seconds faster on a BB? Then wait for the spinning clock to disappear? :eek:

In the world of fast paced business? Yes, speed is everything. The fact is, if you don't want your employees using the phones you provide for entertainment, web browsing and games, the blackberry is the most efficient and secure communication device available.

Syrous44

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Really? Your email, SMS messages , instant messages and every other form of text based communications are all unified into a single inbox, huh? With a different colored flashing led to immediately alert you which platform the message has come from as well too? And I've used swift key and several others and have never gotten close to the speed I got on my berry.

Some might like that I never used my unified inbox. Also have liteflow so I do get led notification on my nexus. Just because you cant type fast on glass dosnt mean others cant. By the sounds of it your slow at typing with anything you use. If BB was such a great business tool corporations would not be dropping them that's all we are saying. But your one of those BB fans that will believe RIM will come back after its bought out broken to pieces or bankrupt and out of business. Just because some of us left a crappy old platform and started a forum post explaining why we left. Why do you have to come on here and try to convince us to come back or how big of a mistake we made. Do you feel you need to advertise for RIM. I guess you do since they have no clue how to market let alone bring products out on time that are fully functioning. So please leave us be to enjoy our new phones and you enjoy your BB. You will not convince us to come back.

Reactions: ibcop

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Some might like that I never used my unified inbox. Also have liteflow so I do get led notification on my nexus. Just because you cant type fast on glass dosnt mean others cant. By the sounds of it your slow at typing with anything you use. If BB was such a great business tool corporations would not be dropping them that's all we are saying. But your one of those BB fans that will believe RIM will come back after its bought out broken to pieces or bankrupt and out of business. Just because some of us left a crappy old platform and started a forum post explaining why we left. Why do you have to come on here and try to convince us to come back or how big of a mistake we made. Do you feel you need to advertise for RIM. I guess you do since they have no clue how to market let alone bring products out on time that are fully functioning. So please leave us be to enjoy our new phones and you enjoy your BB. You will not convince us to come back.

If you have never used unified inbox, I don't think you're really in any place to comment about Blackberry's effectiveness as a business tool. I'm not coming here to tell you what a mistake you made. I DON'T USE blackberry anymore, I have a One X and and S3. What I have a problem with is people putting out false information, and giving a bad rap to an OS that hasn't even come out yet, especially when they don't have any kind of grasp of the software architecture that it runs on. It also bothers me to see people saying a company is dead or dying simply because they don't use it's products anymore. And for your information I got over 70 wpm with my Blackberry, something I challenge you to do with a touchscreen, and please feel free to record a video of it so I can see.

Syrous44

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
If you have never used unified inbox, I don't think you're really in any place to comment about Blackberry's effectiveness as a business tool. I'm not coming here to tell you what a mistake you made. I DON'T USE blackberry anymore, I have a One X and and S3. What I have a problem with is people putting out false information, and giving a bad rap to an OS that hasn't even come out yet, especially when they don't have any kind of grasp of the software architecture that it runs on. It also bothers me to see people saying a company is dead or dying simply because they don't use it's products anymore. And for your information I got over 70 wpm with my Blackberry, something I challenge you to do with a touchscreen, and please feel free to record a video of it so I can see.

Good for you. So please tell us why you left BB yourself as you keep talking about them like you made a mistake leaving or something. We are not saying Rim is dead or bashing BB10. We left BB6 and BB7 devices as of now BB10 does not exist apart from keyboard everything else is a demo app showing sliding between apps. As of now BB10 is nothing but vaporware. When it will come out and I test it then I will make full judgment. However I can say BB7 and BB6 are laggy choppy and vastly outdated to competition. That is why I left and got tired of all the broken promises from RIM. However, I do hope they prove me wrong but track record not great now is it.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I've got a headache ;)

Just kidding, but it is amusing to read these posts. I have to say, Crackberrytraitor is making some rather valuable points. Just my opinion of course.

randall2580

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
They're still the #1 phone in the UK (most owned smartphone) and have 70+ million users worldwide and elsewhere it's still the phone of choice for many professionals. According to their stats they still have more than 90 percent of their corporate business, and you can bet your *** all of them will upgrade their employees to BB10.

The media may publish a bunch of nasty articles about RIM, but they still have 4 billion in the bank and a huge user base. They,ll dominate corporate without even having to try, and if the first BB10 devices get a good critique from reviewers, I'm willing to bet you all the Blackberry users who've migrated to other platforms will at the least seriously consider going back. I mean it runs android apps for hecks sake. RIM may take a while to get anywhere near Apple or Google in consumer market share (at least in America) but you better believe that they aren't going anywhere.

70 Million phones are what Apple and Android sold in the last quarter - that number is small in comparison and more importantly - their growth is a fraction of the growth of the other 2 systems and MS is about to make a major assault in the last Quarter of 2012 - and will have a full 3 month head start on BB.

Business is a waning strength for BB and more and more companies go to BYOD.

They have 2 billion dollars in the bank not 4, are about to lay off 5000 people and bear the associated costs of laying that size of staff off. They additionally now have to build out and sell and market the new phones, and bear at least 2 more quarters of losses most likely. RIM has severe challenges ahead of them for certain. Their dominance of business is coming under fire more and more all the time and that won't abate just because they update their OS I am sure Apple and Google and the billions they have at their disposal won't sit quietly by and all that to happen and MS feel they are ready with WP to go after business as well.

I believe they will survive - I have my doubts about BB 10 being the game changer you feel it will be because I have yet to see anything from BB 10 I go wow about. I have owned very major BB release since the 7520 and am the very disappointed owner of a PB 64 GB which I would trade for a Asus Transformer in a heart beat.

I also want to see how BB is going to compete again iOS, Android and MS in the ecosystem. iOS has Itunes and like it or not its an industry leading provider of multi-media. Google Play is getting better all the time, and MS is about to take their system up a notch and bring XBox like media connection to the WP8. I don't know how BB competes with this, their media support is wonky at best.

And BTW Email on Android is every bit as good as it was on BB perhaps better now. ActiveSync works with my company's Exchange servers at least as well as the BB did.

Ok off the soap box now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Syrous44

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I'm throwing the bs flag on 70wpm on your BlackBerry. Video proof? And it better not be slang or two or three letter words.

Reactions: Syrous44

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm throwing the bs flag on 70wpm on your BlackBerry. Video proof? And it better not be slang or two or three letter words.

I'll dig out my old bold 9000 (I sold my 9700) but only if you admit after I do it that blackberry is the ultimate typing platform.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Good for you. So please tell us why you left BB yourself as you keep talking about them like you made a mistake leaving or something. We are not saying Rim is dead or bashing BB10. We left BB6 and BB7 devices as of now BB10 does not exist apart from keyboard everything else is a demo app showing sliding between apps. As of now BB10 is nothing but vaporware. When it will come out and I test it then I will make full judgment. However I can say BB7 and BB6 are laggy choppy and vastly outdated to competition. That is why I left and got tired of all the broken promises from RIM. However, I do hope they prove me wrong but track record not great now is it.

I left Blackberry because of terrible web browsing, and 720p screens.

Syrous44

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site

I don't doubt he can type that fast. However i doubt its on a BB because every time i typed more then 20-25 words per min my 9800 started to lag and or spinning clock. Same on my sister inlaws 9930 so i am calling it bs as well because a BB cant process fast enough, I don't know maybe just my experience but lagged on two BBs. On a pc I believe him.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't doubt he can type that fast. However i doubt its on a BB because every time i typed more then 20-25 words per min my 9800 started to lag and or spinning clock. Same on my sister inlaws 9930 so i am calling it bs as well because a BB cant process fast enough, I don't know maybe just my experience but lagged on two BBs. On a pc I believe him.

LoL at "a blackberry can't process fast enough" Care to make a Digital Cash Bet? I can get 60 wpm without even trying. You're so full of crap about the spinning clock, unless you had a ton of apps running in the background. Just because you fail doesn't mean everyone does. Need proof it can be done? Here's one of many you tube videos of someone getting over 75 wpm on a berry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egie4ApwoUg

I've hit 70 and would be willing to do it again for a little cash wager. I'd put a clock next to it so you could see and everything. Put up, or shut up.

Last edited:

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I would ALMOST pay to see this feat with predictive text and autocomplete turned off.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device

ybensadoun

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Use to be a real crackberry addict. Stuck with my 5th BlackBerry when everyone was switching to android.
Bought the playbook the first day it was out. And then disappointments just kept adding up.

No apps, all of RIM's promises lies. I don't have any faith in them anymore, it's just let down after let down.

Bought an HTC desire s, and now a fancy nexus.
I wish good luck to RIM and their BB10

ShimmyShine

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I came from bb about a week ago to the S3. I'll go back once bb10 comes out but until them I'm giving some other devices a spin! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
As I watched that video, my heart rate went up! Flipping heck that was quick...

LoL at "a blackberry can't process fast enough" Care to make a Digital Cash Bet? I can get 60 wpm without even trying. You're so full of crap about the spinning clock, unless you had a ton of apps running in the background. Just because you fail doesn't mean everyone does. Need proof it can be done? Here's one of many you tube videos of someone getting over 75 wpm on a berry.

75 Words Per Minute on BlackBerry! - YouTube

I've hit 70 and would be willing to do it again for a little cash wager. I'd put a clock next to it so you could see and everything. Put up, or shut up.

Syrous44

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egie4ApwoUg

Like I said in my post. It could of been both BBs I was using. Thank you for proving me wrong, I stand corrected and I apologized if I made a blanket statement. However, I am still standing by the fact that RIM has more deficiencies then benefits compared to the competition. You yourself left because of screen resolution and sub par browser. In truth BB7 and BB6 are nothing more then BB5 with faster browser, fancier skin, manues, and themes, with hardware boost and minor add ons. It is getting tired, I hope RIM wows with BB10 but from what I have been seeing so far nothing revolutionary. Before you flame me, I will reserve my final judgment when i test it. And yes the video you attached was quite impressive.

dfb8085

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
are you kidding. after being 2 generations behind anything with blackberry for so many years I ran over. The galaxy s3 is light years ahead of anything blackberry has right now. I know BB10 is right the corner ( or so they say ) and it will be a giant step forward but I was not willing to wait any longer. I am not sorry I did. I am happy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38