Best Buy feeds my tech addiction while I wait for the GS3 release

hounddogdaddy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So I almost feel like I am cheating the system, but i was up front with the guys at my local Best Buy Mobile (Aurora, CO) and they said it would be totally legit.

I just ordered a new E4GLTE with my upgrade pricing. As a silver premier member I am granted up to 45 days instead of the traditional 30 for returns. Best Buy will not charge me any re-stocking fee on a return, so my plan is to "rent" the E4GLTE until the GSIII is released (hopefully the rumors of mid to late June hold true) and be able to switch out to the phone I really want with no consequences aside from some lost time in setting up the phones to my liking. I will still get the upgrade pricing upon returning the E4GLTE for the GSIII!

I am definitely looking forward to not having to endure my EVO3D and it's atrocious battery life any more. I will also know with absolute certainty that I have made the right choice when I get the GSIII as I will have had real world experience with the E4GLTE. Unless of course I find the E4GLTE to be better, but i am not expecting that ;)

Anyone else ever think of this ploy?

Sent from my HTC EVO3D, oh God I need a new phone!

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Re: Best Buy feeds my tech addiction while I wait for the GS3 rel

You're counting on a Sprint S III release that quickly?

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

more importantly you're putting a lot of faith in a couple of guys who make 8 dollars an hour to be honest (or knowledgeable)

Although I can think of worse things than getting stuck with an EVO 4G LTE

Chdwil

May 9, 2012
Visit site

I have done the same thing with an AT&T one x. Except I bought it and will decide if I want to sell it when the g3 comes out. I have to be honest that the only thing I really don't like about the one x is the storage space. Then screen really is that good.

hounddogdaddy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I think Samsung learned from the debacle that was the release of the GS2 and would not have mentioned June in the Unpacked event if the could not deliver on it. That being said, it would be frustrating to have to back to my 3D if the GS3 was going to be later than mid July.

hounddogdaddy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have purchased through this Best Buy Mobile for the past two years on EVO launch days, just bought my wife's iphone 4s a month ago and have always had a good experience. Have also dealt with the store manager on a couple of occasions and he has been very good as well. Not worried about dishonesty, but the lack of knowledge is a possibility! I definitely know more about Android phones than these guys do :D

coinmanmat

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
This is a really smart idea and I really never thought of it anyways with rumors of T-Mobile getting the SGS3 on June 20th and a leaked BB ad from Canada showing a 6-20 release of the SGS3 we could be looking at June 20th as a general release of the Galaxy S III across North America. Samsung said that they would be bringing the phone to New York as part of their global tour to show it off the device. If thats the case it would have to be coming up real soon.

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch wishing I had a GS3 using Android Central Forums

equishd

May 20, 2012
Visit site
This what I'm thinking of doing w at&t and one x but waiting for full official release date

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Android Central Forums

dmbrown81

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Best buy will let you return the phone maybe after 45 days but I believe you only have 30 days to reverse your upgrade

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

ogjrs

May 26, 2012
Visit site

14 days reverse upgrade 30 days return, maybe 45 for silver.

rlb

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

I would like to buy both the One X and the S3 to compare in actual use before deciding which to get. Would buying both full retail(no contract) make things less likely to screw up my account? I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan and older texting plan that I do no want to lose.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer