No Flipboard Installed... WTF??!!

Nashstruck

May 5, 2012
Visit site
So a few of my mates bout the s3 yesterday and today, but nne of them have Flipboard instaled!!!!
:s
Any ideas?
Mind you this is in Singapore, but the model number is exactly the same as the European versions.

v1rtu4l

May 22, 2012
Visit site
just because it is exlusive to the galaxy s3 for some time, does not mean that it has to be pre-installed. let those mates search in google play for it !

Nashstruck

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Yea it's not in Google Play either. Reason I'm surprised is because Samsung did say it'll be preinstalled.
Also, Yea the Flipboard APK is the only workaround atm.

v1rtu4l

May 22, 2012
Visit site
there are some things i find astounding ... one is, the branding free phones for germany still have 2 "bloat ware" apps on it. you can uninstall them, but i wonder how they got there, without a carrier involved. perhaps samsung really thought those apps were useful (which could be true)

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
there are some things i find astounding ... one is, the branding free phones for germany still have 2 "bloat ware" apps on it. you can uninstall them, but i wonder how they got there, without a carrier involved. perhaps samsung really thought those apps were useful (which could be true)

Out of curiosity, what were the apps?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

v1rtu4l

May 22, 2012
Visit site
for the german unbranded version it is :

Bild (worst but sadly most common yellow press of germany)
Lieferheld (online ordering of food)
HRS (Hotel Reservation Service... search and book hotel rooms)
KaufDa (Search for things you wanna buy)
myTaxi (to call/order a cab)

you could argue that all of those at functionality and none of them is plain advertising.
it could well be, that this is going to be a helping hand to the new audience samsung is targeting. people who don't have a clue how to get apps and install them.

hell, i even had so many comments on a game review i made for the old samsung wave on "how to install games". it's a frickin appstore where you need two clicks to install it o_O

there is this saying: "you can build the most idiot-proof tool and the world will bear an even bigger idiot"

P.S.: not saying that not knowing how to install an app makes you an idiot

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Probably some type of deal they made with Samsung to bundle them. I guess that would be a problem with an unbranded unlocked phone, then. You don't get carrier bloat, but you do get Samsung bloat. :p

If people don't know how to use a phone correctly, there are two main reasons why; they either don't ask the right question to the right person, and/or it's a failure of the person/establishment that sold them the phone for not asking if they new how to use it. I'm sure there are other, but those two stick out to me.

Nashstruck

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Is this normal though?

Is there anyone else out there who don't have Flipboard installed?
Or is there anyone out there with Flipboard installed?

jhousden9

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I got mine on Vodafone UK and I didn't get Flipboard preinstalled either. I have found the apk on Google somewhere. Tbh its no where near as good as the iOS version, which disappoints me. I'll continue to use Google Currents until it gets better.

Sent from my GT-I9300

v1rtu4l

May 22, 2012
Visit site
i got the solution !

you can actually get this by searching for it in "samsung apps" or by using the "other services" icon in the app drawer. both will lead you to samsungapps. you can install the not pre-installed photo-editor from there as well ! (if you go to the gallery and choose to edit a picture it will present you with the option to install the photo editor from samsungapps too)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87