Canadian s3 specs are here!!!!!!! 2GB of RAM

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
S4 is a better chipset for 99% of tasks since its a newer faster CPU and it will also give much more battery life. Exynos will be better for high end games.

After this battery draining Skyrocket, I would be willing to sacrifice a slight gaming downgrade, in return for a more efficient proc.
More interested in general app performance anyway.

Sent from my Samsung SGH-i727 on ATT LTE

Google10

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I guess I don't understand why an extra gig is not a big benefit? The issue with the One X is that it basically "closes" apps, and I thought it did this to manage the RAM? Wouldn't you want more RAM to keep programs running in the background? Maybe I'm thinking too much like a computer.

Reactions: 20blks

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
The extra gig of ram is for the adreno gpu on the s4. The Mali gpu on the exynos has dedicated ram. So for the same user experience the lte snapdragon s4 phones, they need the extra ram (although Idk about a whole gig more).

This is wrong. Exynos also uses system ram for graphics cache, that's why out of 1GB, only 780MB is left for OS and apps. Tegra 3 is the only SoC that has dedicated graphics Ram.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
This is wrong. Exynos also uses system ram for graphics cache, that's why out of 1GB, only 780MB is left for OS and apps. Tegra 3 is the only SoC that has dedicated graphics Ram.

What's with all the s4 talk? I haven't read anywhere that this phone is going to be available with it.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
What's with all the s4 talk? I haven't read anywhere that this phone is going to be available with it.

Uhm. If your carrier has LTE, and if you live in North America, your version of the phone will come with a dual core S4 because it handles LTE while the Exynos doesn't. That's been known for like 2 months now.

snoopyandroid

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Do you have the outright price for Rodgers? I'm in the US on AT&T

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Haven't been able to find it yet. Usually, Rogers is the same (or close to it) as Bell. Telus is usually more expensive than Bell or Rogers.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you should be able to use the Bell or Telus version on AT&T.

Last edited:

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The extra gig of ram is for the adreno gpu on the s4. The Mali gpu on the exynos has dedicated ram. So for the same user experience the lte snapdragon s4 phones, they need the extra ram (although Idk about a whole gig more).

So....are you saying that technically the One X and One S have 2 GB too but for some odd reason HTC didn't list it as such in their specs?

Wontfinishlast

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
So....are you saying that technically the One X and One S have 2 GB too but for some odd reason HTC didn't list it as such in their specs?

Well assuming i was told correct, which i believe someone already refuted so i could be wrong, but the htc phones changed the memory management processes to accomodate for it. Samsung kept the memory management and just added ram.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Maybe that's why Nova 3 won't run on the One X. I was asking over in the One X forum if anyone had played the game and the one reply I got was that it wasn't compatible. With a game like that, I can see how ram could be a problem.

The GS3 is looking better and better and the One X...not so much. Just looking around in that forum for a few mins I saw quite a few threads about people returning the phone. Only time will tell if Samsung really did their homework and HTC didn't, guess we'll find out soon enough.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Looks like the Home button is staying. At least if you believe the leaked Tmo photos. Really don't see a reason to fake that at this point.

Good thing is case compatibility. A lot more options will be available AND faster too. Had to wait 2 weeks to get a case for my Skyrocket.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Looks like the Home button is staying. At least if you believe the leaked Tmo photos. Really don't see a reason to fake that at this point.

Good thing is case compatibility. A lot more options will be available AND faster too. Had to wait 2 weeks to get a case for my Skyrocket.

Ya looks like sprint's is staying like it to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non