How do folks feel about a physical home button?

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to tell myself it's not a big deal, but I think I may have a preference for capacitive buttons or on-screen buttons like the Gnex has.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Central Forums

ezcobar411

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I like it. I think it'll be nice to have something that will responsive the vast majority of the time. I have the Skyrocket and there are times that I get no response no matter how many times I touch the capactive buttons.

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
One home button should be standard, just like a volume rocker. It can be the thinnest, most discrete thing ever, but it should be there. :)

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Prozak

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
stated numerous times, prefer it. That way, 3 yr old won't close netflix so easily on car trips. Have to use wife's iPhone every time because one of her fingers inevitably hit one of the capacitive buttons to close it.

mpmtkd

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I think I'll like it coming from BB because it would be annoying to have to hit the side button to light up the screen everytime imo

lmc05

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I found it a bit of a challenge to orientate my GSII when I first got it...I'd go to pick it up and a lot of times it would be upside down because there wasn't button on either end of it to differentiate it. Kind of annoying, but I got use to it.

I prefer to have a physical button, but at the same time I know physical buttons come with a risk of them wearing out. But I like the idea of having a physical home button again :)

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I love it. Glad a US phone finally kept it. Hope it doesn't press in my pocket all the time keeping my screen on.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I prefer capacitive but frankly don't care at this point :), just happy the phone wasn't delayed 6mo in the US.