how do you copy paste?

MrNice12

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
New to the Android world have come from a bb9700 and absouletly loving the S3. Worlds apart.... but my noob question is how do i select text say from a forum and copy it over some where else?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Long press the text you want to copy. Two markers will show up which allow you to highlight the text you want to copy, then select copy. Go where you want to put it, long press, paste.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Next question..... wheres the thanks button when viewing from a s3
If your viewing it with a browser in normal viewing mode you will see the Thanks & Like buttons along the bottom right of the posts.

If your viewing it in Mobile mode you don't have access to a Thanks or Like button.

You can try downloading the Android Central Forums/Tapatalk app from the link in my signature below to make you site viewing experience better to :)

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I think I have a question even a Genius can't answer: when you've copied several paragraphs and then paste them, sometimes the words ALL CLOSE UP with no spaces between paragraphs. It doesn't always happen, but it does happen at least 50% of the time -- and it's AGGRAVATING. (It's also almost impossible to read.) My phone is the Mytouch 4G, the HTC version.

Anybody care to tackle this one?

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal. Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation, so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this. But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate, we can not consecrate, we can not hallow this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us?that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion?that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain?that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom?and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

See? No paragraphs.

(Just in case nobody got what I was talking about.)

-- Majormajormajor

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal. Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation, so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this. But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate, we can not consecrate, we can not hallow this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us?that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion?that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain?that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom?and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

See? No paragraphs.

(Just in case nobody got what I was talking about.)

-- Majormajormajor

lol i thought u had lost the plot there mate :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez