Seidio vs Otterbox

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Where and how often do you usually see the Seidio coupons? Great case but a little pricey.

If you sign up for their email they send them from time to time. The last one was for fathers day but of course the cases were not ready.

mobilecityonline also carries some of the models for the SGSIII at a much better price. They have the Active Combo and the surface case but not surface combo for some reason.

http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wir...soryresult.asp?productid=29365&categoryid=752

facedown41

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
The only OB cases I ever see are the huge super bulky ones and that isn't my style, I've had a Seidio Surface on my Dinc since I first got it, 2 years later and this thing has saved my phone from so many dings and it kept the low profile slim design very well.

seabass

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I must admit....I'm really liking the way the OtterBox Defender is looking on the SGS3!! It looks sleek and well protected but exactly how much bulk is it adding to the phone?!?! I would like to see it in person to see if I like it.

According to Otterbox's specs on their website, the Defender is actually thinner than the Commuter for the HTC One X.

Defender: 5.62 in x 3.09 in x 0.65 in

Commuter: 5.04 in x 2.64 in x 0.70 in

I've heard their cases are getting a lot better, and the Defenders are losing some of the bulkiness. The silicone is sturdier, attracts less lint, and slides better from what I've heard of the One X case.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
According to Otterbox's specs on their website, the Defender is actually thinner than the Commuter for the HTC One X.

Defender: 5.62 in x 3.09 in x 0.65 in

Commuter: 5.04 in x 2.64 in x 0.70 in

I've heard their cases are getting a lot better, and the Defenders are losing some of the bulkiness. The silicone is sturdier, attracts less lint, and slides better from what I've heard of the One X case.

Thats good to know! Thanks! I'm considering now either the defender or the seidio active x once its available. For now, I have the Diztronic TPU to hold me over till then.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Would people who have either their Seidio or Otterbox cases please post pictures so we can start evaluating these 2 premium cases for the SGS3! Thank you!

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I had a seidio surface on my epic which was very nice. But I really like the 2-layers of the otterbox commuter and that the corners are the silicone. I'd love to see some high quality pictures of each in action.

tarringt

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered (last night) the Seidio Surface in Garnet Red for my white S3. I should arrive by Friday. I like the sleek, thin feel and once I get it I will post some pictures.

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Both companies have good cases. But I will say this about Otter Box, they have the best costumer service. If you ever have a problem with your case, they will send you a new no questions asked. I don't know if Seidio is like that or not. I do like the kickstand cases from Seidio. I might have to pick up one from both. But I will be getting mine from Mobile City. That's where I picked up my extra oem battery for my GS3.

chaunsey

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
man i really wish i could keep this thing naked, but im a contractor and even in my pocket its going to take some wear and tear, i would go with the defender, but id like to balance bulk and protection, plus i think the commuter with the rubber inside will be less sticky.

i was thinking of maybe trying my hand at maybe using duracoat to paint the outer case part, maybe like a digital camo or something, or maybe just OD green on black to match my AR.:D

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
man i really wish i could keep this thing naked, but im a contractor and even in my pocket its going to take some wear and tear, i would go with the defender, but id like to balance bulk and protection, plus i think the commuter with the rubber inside will be less sticky.

i was thinking of maybe trying my hand at maybe using duracoat to paint the outer case part, maybe like a digital camo or something, or maybe just OD green on black to match my AR.:D

If you do, we want pics...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Has ANYONE received their OB Commuter case yet or any Seidio case??? I haven't seen any first hand pics whatsoever anywhere around here!!! Are they on hold or something?!?!?!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
How would you describe the inside of the case? Is it lined with some soft material or just hard plastic?

The inside of the case is lined in felt type material. It slides on and off nicely. It does lock pretty securely and can be difficult to get off until you get the hang of it. The holster is lined in the same material.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
The same thread topic on xda says the commuter makes the buttons almost impossible to push. Looks like the seidio might be a better bet for me since it looks like you have cutouts rather than new buttons built into the case.

Sent from my SPH-L710