Samsung Galaxy S3 Gripes

knowledge_6

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
the phone never lags while using it..

the only lag i see is when i am on the lock screen.. the ripples lag and the swipe to unlock lags..

i think this is a valid thread.. there are things you can mention in threads like this where people can help address ..

maybe there is a setting that people don't know about and it might change their whole experience..

i know because i am fairly new to android.. i still love my Blackberries but i don't need one for work and pleasure.. so i have a BB for work which keeps me happy ; >

i wanted my android to have similar functions and layouts as my BB (i.e sound profiles, message indicators on the icons, separate icons for each mailbox i had..)

and i had to ask and look for a month to get it right..

i hate the iphone as much as the next guy, but if someone else likes it we shouldn't flame.. although i flame people all the time on the tech blogs ; >

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
This isn't an iPhone forum. If someone wants to praise an iPhone, there are places for that. When you go to Yankee Stadium and root for the Red Sox what happens?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

snork

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I am a little lost. I thought Swype came on Galaxy S phones. Does the S3 not have it. I like swype allot, but it has caused lag on occasion as well. To be honest I haven't found a keyboard with autocorrect that hasn't.

Something to think about when you are playing games that can effect everything thing is certain resource intensive apps will cause other stuff to drop from ram. Therefore causing a percieved lag when those items have to reload.

You may also want to use the task manager if you start to experience lag. Kill apps that are int he background. I have noticed big improvments with lag on my Galaxy Note by doing that.

The original galaxy s did, I never played with an s2 so I can't confirm if it did nor not, but my s3 did not come with actual swype . samsung's keyboard is swype-like, in that you can trace out your words, but it's not nearly as smooth and fluid as real swype.

Reactions: mavrrick

mfriedman79

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
The phone definitely has the occasional lag spike, but I notice it mainly in the Samsung applications than anywhere else. They also get more noticeable when Power Save is on. Once I turn power save off they are barely noticeable, but they are there.

Reactions: Fyahstarter

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Is there going to be an actual discussion on the original topic, or is this going to continue as an immature back and forth series of accusations that we run a hostile forum, personal attacks, and whether the OP is entitled to debate his experience with one OS over another? If it's the latter, I'll close it up and/or move the offenders out of it. Some of you guys have exaggerated the original post beyond belief. In fact, the word Android was never used once.

Reactions: phonejunky

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The original galaxy s did, I never played with an s2 so I can't confirm if it did nor not, but my s3 did not come with actual swype . samsung's keyboard is swype-like, in that you can trace out your words, but it's not nearly as smooth and fluid as real swype.

Thanks I will have to keep that in mind. Then I will have to go to Swiftkey X which is also laggy at times. The S2 and Note do come with it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks I will have to keep that in mind. Then I will have to go to Swiftkey X which is also laggy at times. The S2 and Note do come with it.

It's now SwiftKey 3 and it shouldn't lag. It's running flawless for me :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Read much? The OP said he was an iPhone user who had an S3, liked his iPhone better, but liked the G3 except for some laggy moments.

Anyone who thinks that crosses a line, has become as hardcore a 'fanboy' as the Apple ones we all dislike. It's just sad to see people, who claim Apple fans are assholes, but then turn around and are assholes themselves.

Please see this post.....

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...0-samsung-galaxy-s3-gripes-3.html#post1931754

Forum Administration has spoken on this situation and you should take notice.

Thank you.

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Once again... the problem wasn't that these guys are iPhone ysers. It's that they gave the impression of having attitude by instead of claiming they need help understanding their phones... they were saying Android is screwed up.

I never said anything about android being screwed up. People really aren't reading my post at all.

Thank you for these who helped sorry fir those I offended which I still don't see how. My bad though.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

Last edited:

Dave4321

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Just got mine. I really don't like the physical home button. Because the phone is so big and the button so low, it is hard to press and hold with one hand. Is there anyway to add on screen buttons like the Nexus?

I found an app called Button Savior that adds virtual buttons so that may solve my problem. Need root though and we dont have that yet on Verizon.

Last edited:

tripsbacks

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
All phones have their pros and cons. I've seen my mom's iphone 4s lag plenty of times and the iPhone os can suck at times, but it's still awesome. I too don't like the physical home button on the S3 but it's still an awesome unit. I personally loved web os as far has UI is concerned.

jaebberwock

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Wow, some people take things so personally. At the end of the day, it is a phone made by mortals. I think the OP raised some reasonable concerns/questions. As mentioned, perhaps the power saver mode caused some stuttering, perhaps some games don't play so nice with the Samsung hardware. Dual core is relatively new and maybe some developers haven't gotten around to optimizing for it yet. Maybe the OP loaded up a bunch of free apps that bog down his phone with background processes, who knows? Too many variables to be making accusations.

An effort should be make to be more welcoming to new owners. The almost cultish devotion to Apple products exhibited by a lot of the Apple owners is a large part of the reason why I gravitated towards Android. I would not like that sort of association with the Android community if possible.

crackcookie

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Everyone who ripped on this guy should feel ashamed, what if you couldn't shoot a free throw and I just ripped into your life for no reason and told you to go back to playing hockey or video games.

The man is here for help, put your brand identity away, whether or not the S3 lives on to be the greatest phone or garbage will not change who you are, I think all of you people who tried to tear him apart should ask him questions instead of criticize what phone he buys and be more helpful and productive.

You are the same people to call Blackberries crap, but their forums and users are much more insightful, educated, and a lot less ignorant and biased.

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
This isn't an iPhone forum. If someone wants to praise an iPhone, there are places for that. When you go to Yankee Stadium and root for the Red Sox what happens?

No one praised the iPhone though I said I used one, and was a faithful user. I never said all hail the iPhone or I never had these problems with my Apple device nothing of the sort or any praise going on. I honestly think there is a comprehension issue here. I don't see how you get praising the iPhone out of what I typed.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Phone master I am curious did turning the power save off help you with temple run?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I also saw a tip that if you go into Settings - Developer Options - Window Animtation Scale (and also Window Animation Scale) and change it to .5 it helps with any legginess. I tried that, I've not had any lagging on my device.

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Come on now, you post in an android forum, bashing the #1 android phone to date with iPhone mentions/comparisons. What do you expect. Man up, you asked for it

Coming from an outsider (and woman) reading this you men are really touchy about anyone posting anything about your chosen phone not being perfect.They are phones no matter what platform or manufacturer all full of glitches. These forums are where people go investigating phones or who are looking for suggestions to help their phones run better aren't they?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

paulyb37

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't get lag playing games, video etc but really intermittently big lag on pressing home button - apps take an age to appear and absolutely nothing to see other than live wallpaper, screen gradually re-draws. Not what I expected from such a 'fast' phone - HTC desire didn't struggle! Yes, I've turned off S-Voice double press thing and I've got issues with some motion controls.

Reactions: Fyahstarter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa