UPDATED S-Voice!

macone23

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
i Have used s-voice since day one of having my s3 and to this day it has never not got what im saying, very very impressive...

I have the sprint version 32gb blue. I have never done an update to S-voice. In fact i have used titanium backup to freeze it ever since I rooted the phone on day 1. I also froze the samsung store apps, but whatever... I did, however, unfreeze s-voice to check the version for the purpose of this thread.

I have the same version 4.0.8124(r1) as everyone else.

You may have updated the app center, but the s-voice app seems to have the same build you always had.

with that said....have you noticed any difference in using the app that improves the experience you were having?

as far as I have seen...its still vlingo...which, for me, is a distant second to voice command on google. :cool:

but hey, if you enjoy your s-voice, and it does what you like, then rock that $#!t and enjoy your phone.;)

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I loaded the Samsung Apps application but still can't find S-voice on my at&t S3. I guess the westcoast will have to wait for a bit.;)

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I do use S Voice....for amusement, and for setting alarm clocks, timers, and reminders, it does pretty good with those.

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
i Have used s-voice since day one of having my s3 and to this day it has never not got what im saying, very very impressive...

Mine understands me, its just not as fast as the google voice command at giving me the answer. But that's not why i froze it....I froze it because it was always running. It was using CPU cycles without my ever launching or using it. I would re-start the phone, clear cache, change settings, but nothing worked to stop it from running when I didn't want it to...so i froze it. The google voice action command only runs when i launch it, and it looks to have been improved even more in Jellybean with google now and voice control without internet

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site

I'm hoping S-Voice will be a thing of the past when jelly bean hits. Google Now is far, far better in every single way

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dervari

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I've had nothing but issues, especially with the reading/sending of text messages. It randomly quits talking and when I say "Reply" it just sits there and does nothing.

I downloaded the latest Vlingo Beta and it appears to be an S-Voice clone, but works much better. It looks the same and even gives you the same "Readout" option for text messages. I wouldn't be surprised if Samsung licensed their technology, customized it, and then labled it S Voice.

fotd

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Btw the Samsung app store will give you free full versions of angry birds Rio and space, fruit ninja puss in boots, smart office 2, and a couple others I can't remember. Have to side load it from browser.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

bob01000

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
See it you find it in the app store.
The T-mobile USA S3 has all the Samsung apps preloaded. Verizon and ATT are picky about controlling those things.