Which Launcher?

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've read about Apex and Nova launchers and have played around a bit with them. They're good but they are ~$4 to buy the pro versions.
I liked GO Launcher on my X and decided to try it on my SIII and it seems to be working fine so far.
Are there any advantages to Apex or Nova vs GO Launcher that I may be missing?

npompei

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I've read about Apex and Nova launchers and have played around a bit with them. They're good but they are ~$4 to buy the pro versions.
I liked GO Launcher on my X and decided to try it on my SIII and it seems to be working fine so far.
Are there any advantages to Apex or Nova vs GO Launcher that I may be missing?

I just started using Nova (free) and its awesome. I HATE touchwiz and now its gone, at least looks wise. Ive got my screens setup just the way I like. I dont necessarily think I would use the Pros features - at least yet!

What's nice about Nova is that you can use Go and Apex themes, icons,etc. Im not sure about the others but I like this aspect. Im using the ICS theme and Metro station icons - looks beautiful.

Oh and I have 0 lag whatsoever. Only had 1 issue where every time I hit the home button Nova would want me to change an icon. I restarted and haven't had a problem since. So buttery smooth.

Give the free versions a try then decide.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Nova also, but I would like some of the paid features like hiding icons. The stock Android look is great on the GS3.

DJSgalaxy

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I was gonna stick with TouchWiz but got anxious and downloaded Nova out of curiosity. Wow am I impressed! Very slick, quick and lots of features in the free version.

The only thing I want back from TW is the weather/clock animated widget that comes on the home screen. Anyone know where I can get that on Nova? Otherwise, Nova is great.

Sent from my VZW Samsung Galaxy SIII

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I was gonna stick with TouchWiz but got anxious and downloaded Nova out of curiosity. Wow am I impressed! Very slick, quick and lots of features in the free version.

The only thing I want back from TW is the weather/clock animated widget that comes on the home screen. Anyone know where I can get that on Nova? Otherwise, Nova is great.

I purchased both Fancy Widgets and Beautiful Widgets when I had my DX. I am using Fancy Widgets on my S3. Personally I think it's much better than the TW widget. Obviously your mileage may vary... ;)

Reactions: Issemann

G-Money713

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I use Apex. I love it. I don't think there is much of a difference between Apex and Nova. I set up Apex first on my S2. Now I have it on everything.
GO Launcher is good, just built for Gingerbread. Apex and Nova made for ICS.

Sent from another galaxy... Tab 2 10.1

jaekim717

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
i've used launcher pro in the past but am using go launcher currently on the sg3. so far i like it alot, it's very customizable

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I don't see anything that one of the launchers have that another doesn't. On top of that, go launcher is free. That's my pick

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Im pretty sure they have this on go launcher correct? if so how does this feature work exactly? always been interested but never bothered.
You can have 2 programs assigned to one dock icon. For example, I have my phone dialer on my dock but if I just want to go to contacts directly I can just swipe the icon. I also have my gmail icon on the dock but if I want to go to my corporate mail account I swipe. I use quite a few of these gestures.

Reactions: ashishb

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't see anything that one of the launchers have that another doesn't. On top of that, go launcher is free. That's my pick

I'm just wondering what the difference is between a "made for ICS" launcher and a "made for Gingerbread" launcher is. Are there battery use or memory differences?

robotobob1982

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site

Search for uccw clock.

Sent from my MZ604

depictureboy

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Maybe its because I am on the free version. Or I need a custom theme. But while I only used TW for a couple hours, it was really cool having the widget preview in the widget section of the app dock. Now that I am using Nova, I just have a list...

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
My thing is go launcher icon resize is the deal breaker on nova icons look so small.. I like my icons big

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: 20blks

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Im using the paid version of Nova launcher and so far I love it. Definitely worth the $4.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
TW. Don't set the point in a different launcher. TW is smoother than them all.
There are definitely features I miss in Touchwiz. For example, dock gestures and the option to make the screen icons smaller. I much prefer 5 rows of 4 icons rather than the standard 4 rows. I like options.

Mac33

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
There are definitely features I miss in Touchwiz. For example, dock gestures and the option to make the screen icons smaller. I much prefer 5 rows of 4 icons rather than the standard 4 rows. I like options.

Gotcha. Do you notice any battery life differences?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa