Screen dims when in Internet mode....S3

Couchchicago

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had this problem? My screen is so vibrant in regular mode....but as soon as I'm on the web, it dims 50%!! Is there a solution to this?

Any and all suggestions appreciated!

Couch

jz8

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
But it seems like I have to reset this after rebooting. Is that what others are seeing?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Luis Nunez1

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I press the Menu button and it just shows a drop up menu with New window, Add Bookmark, Add Shortct, Share Page... etc.... I don't know where to go to adjust brightness and colors.

SparksStar

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you don't have her Power Saver Setting on I believe the dimming on the browser is part of that (maybe a function that you can turn off within the Power Saving setting)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

ahmed.brn

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Make sure you don't have her Power Saver Setting on I believe the dimming on the browser is part of that (maybe a function that you can turn off within the Power Saving setting)

Thanks you so much I was looking for that all over. Finally someone solved the issue :)

bassmig

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue with my e-mail app just after I updated to jelly bean and the it was power save causing it as well.

mizmdk

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Yes, you have to turn off "change background color to save power in internet mode" in the home screen menu, settings, power saver.

Sam K1955

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Thank you SO MUCH. It was driving me crazy. I kept going to the phone's brightness setting, and the power saving setting, and nothing helped. Going to the BROWSER'S settings did the trick. (I joined this forum just to say Thanks!!!)

zivia

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
you can still keep the phone in power saving mode. When you open your internet browser and then click on the menu button, make sure you scroll down to see the brightness and colors option. Sometimes only a view of the options show up when you first click on the menu button. Worked for me. Funny that the brightness of the Internet app is different than the rest of the phone. I guess because surfing the internet uses up a lot of power.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non