Multiple Navigation Voices?

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
When my wife and I first experienced it, I told her that it appears that our regular navigation assistant must have went on break or they had a shift change :).

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
u can download voices, ive got a nice welsh girl called Gwynith :) havent used nav but id guess u can assign a voice to it. search "tts" or text to speech on play store. think i got mine from svox app + the voice was free coz its still in beta

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i kinda think the nice voice must be words or phrases in the phone memory but the ugly voice is words or phrases that the phone has to produce there + then

scott6610

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it's a bug. I think Google must be in the midst of some programming changes and has not totally transitioned to the nice voice.

Maybe those sound bites haven't been recorded yet.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

phoenixfawkes

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
This is happening to me too. Samsung Galaxy S3. I would swear that I got one voice telling me to turn left on Green street and then a different voice telling me to drive 1 mile on Green street. This was in a 4G capable network. It cannot be that one voice can say Green street and the other cannot. I cannot seem to find anything other than a random occurrence.

Ceetar

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's a bug. I think Google must be in the midst of some programming changes and has not totally transitioned to the nice voice.

Maybe those sound bites haven't been recorded yet.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

This makes the most sense.

Either way it's good for a laugh. Although I'd like to have the option to easily switch to other voices.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't necessarily agree with this as there is a completely different voice on the Moto Droid phones. If Google was programming the voice then it would be the same voice on all devices no matter what manufacturer. This tells me that it's Samsung providing the voice even though Google provides the maps. Of course I could be wrong as well since nobody knows... ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38