08-08-2012 01:31 AM
38 12
tools
    Ok I seriously hope I'm not losing it...

Anybody else notice that when using navigation there is more than one voice speaking directions? The main female voice is really peppy and the other is not so much.

I'm coming from the original DInc and there was only one robotic female voice.

Katherine
    07-15-2012 06:00 PM

Anybody else notice that when using navigation there is more than one voice speaking directions? The main female voice is really peppy and the other is not so much.

Katherine
    I actually heard it today for the first time. I had heard that the second voice only comes on when you don't have an actual GPS connection but that makes no sense to me because I'm 99% sure I had a GPS connection the whole time.
    The main voice is so "peppy" that my wife named the GPS "Sassy Samsung"! Much different than my old robotic Droid X voice...
    jckwong likes this.
    07-15-2012 06:56 PM

Katherine
    LOL. No, you're not loosing it. It happened to me once so far. I made me laugh though because I was getting used to the cheerful happy voice, then all of a sudden another voice came on that was so robotic and depressing that made me want to slit my wrist. Not sure how to stop that because it gets annoying.
    07-15-2012 08:06 PM
    Yep heard that today as well.....It was my first NAVI and was liking the stock voice, but then the smoker voice kicked in....
    07-15-2012 08:08 PM
    I also have to say that the main voice speaks REALLY fast! It's taking me some time to get used to it but I like it a LOT more than the Droid X robot.
    07-15-2012 08:12 PM
    I call them the twins. Got the peppy, hot pretty one, and then her pissed off ugly sister. LOL...I think it all depends on where you are navigating too. The peppy sister has the basic idea and knows the major roads, the pissed off sounding one goes into details. I hope we can get rid of the pissed off one because the peppy one is a huge step over the original robotic one. Something tells me that soon we'll just have the peppy one which sounds a lot like the one in Google Now.
    ansextra and KreepyKen like this.
    07-15-2012 08:32 PM
    Yeah she's got multiple personalities.
    07-15-2012 09:46 PM
    maybe it depends if u have data connection or not?
    07-16-2012 03:49 PM
    maybe it depends if u have data connection or not?
    Nope.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    07-16-2012 05:57 PM
    cool i havent tried nav yet.. hope i dont get the ugly 1 :-)
    07-16-2012 06:01 PM
    So what's everyone's theory on what causes the GPS Schizophrenia? Do we need to name it Sybil Samsung?
    07-16-2012 06:05 PM
    I think it has more to do with street names that are prerecorded versus less common names that the computer then reads. It took me by surprise when I heard this today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2
    jckwong likes this.
    07-16-2012 09:24 PM
    I think it has more to do with street names that are prerecorded versus less common names that the computer then reads. It took me by surprise when I heard this today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2
    This was my thought as well
    07-16-2012 10:00 PM
    So you're saying "Main St." would be read by the computerized voice for example? I'll check that the next time I use the GPS as my town has a Main St. Of course I didn't need the GPS to find it...
    07-16-2012 10:08 PM
    I don't think it's pre-recorded vs less common names because the other day the two voices switched back and forth and back mid sentence.
    07-16-2012 10:29 PM
    I am having the same problem. The two voices sometimes finish one another's sentences. It seems to mostly happen when I am in a weak signal strength area. Does anyone know of a setting to keep the perky one?
    07-19-2012 07:11 PM
    It sounds like an ill transvestite hooker. Ironically, it only happens when I'm in the ty part of town. lol
    07-20-2012 12:09 AM
    07-20-2012 12:12 AM
    I noticed this and thought that the slow voice had laryngitis. It made my throat sore listening to her. From what I can tell, the slow voice comes on when I have low signal strength, though it's inconsistent.
    07-20-2012 05:57 AM
    Happens to me. They often complete each others sentences. i thought it may be that the new nice voice could not say certain words but there are general statements like 'turn right in ... miles' that the robotic voice takes over for. I can't stand the robotic voice.
    07-20-2012 07:41 AM
    When my wife and I first experienced it, I told her that it appears that our regular navigation assistant must have went on break or they had a shift change .
    07-20-2012 08:12 AM
    This has to be one of the strangest bugs... Anyone know if this is an ICS issues or is it a Galaxy SIII specific issue?
    07-23-2012 03:15 PM
    Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but are there other voices you can download for the nav?
    07-23-2012 03:27 PM
    u can download voices, ive got a nice welsh girl called Gwynith havent used nav but id guess u can assign a voice to it. search "tts" or text to speech on play store. think i got mine from svox app + the voice was free coz its still in beta
    07-23-2012 03:30 PM
    cool i havent tried nav yet.. [HL]hope i dont get the ugly 1[/HL] :-)
    Just put a bag over it.
    07-23-2012 04:23 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD