screen protector and pentile screen

gera815

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I know the gs3 has a penile screen. I bought a spigen ultra nano optics screen protector but it looks like the screen has a little more lines visible. Like before the screen protector images were really clear and now with screen protector it shows it more blurry. Is this normal or can anyone recommend any better screen protectors

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I know the gs3 has a penile screen. I bought a spigen ultra nano optics screen protector but it looks like the screen has a little more lines visible. Like before the screen protector images were really clear and now with screen protector it shows it more blurry. Is this normal or can anyone recommend any better screen protectors

Is the protector a soft or hard surface one?

Also, your post contains a really funny auto correction of the word pentile. :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Wnrgway

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
It's likely the screen protector that you chose. I originally had a glare/fingerprint resistant screen protector with a matte finish. It took a nice clear picture and made it grainy and refracted the light.

I replaced it with a more traditional clear protector and it looks great now.

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Get the Ultra Nano clear or wait for the curved glass from Spigen.

I've got the Ultra Nano clear and it's crystal clear and doesn't show fingerprints.

The company is really good. Email them the problem you're having and maybe they'll send you some ultra Nano for free.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Get the Ultra Nano or wait for the curved glass from Spigen.

I've got the Ultra Nano and it's crystal clear and doesn't show fingerprints.

The company is really good. Email them the problem you're having and maybe they'll send you some ultra Nano for free.

I have the Ultra Nano Clear and it does show finger prints. It didn't for the first few hours of use but now unfortunately, does! I was a little ticked off since they promote no finger prints on the package. Truth of the matter is, finger print/smudges will ALWAYS happen on ANY screen protector!! Otherwise, good product but I've ordered cheaper screen protectors in the past with the same, if not, better results!

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I see no lines with just my screen. I am willing to bet its the protector. With the ZAGG I saw none as well. The OB Defender case screen protector also shows no lines. But it takes away some of the quality of the screen but that's the trade off that you get.

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I have the Ultra Nano Clear and it does show finger prints. It didn't for the first few hours of use but now unfortunately, does! I was a little ticked off since they promote no finger prints on the package. Truth of the matter is, finger print/smudges will ALWAYS happen on ANY screen protector!! Otherwise, good product but I've ordered cheaper screen protectors in the past with the same, if not, better results!

Really?

I've got no real fingerprints showing on mine. Even in direct sunlight they don't show up. And I know I produce smudges and fingerprints too cause they were all over my ultra crystal on my DroidX.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Really?

I've got no real fingerprints showing on mine. Even in direct sunlight they don't show up. And I know I produce smudges and fingerprints too cause they were all over my ultra crystal on my DroidX.

Yeah man, believe me! I was quite disappointed when I started seeing it. Its also a little bit harder to remove the smudges since the material is thinner/softer as well! I have to wipe harder in order to clear the smudges. I will say though that the smudges aren't as prominent as with other screen protectors. The material they use for these screen protector is of high quality!

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Currently screen protectorless. I love the feeling of the glass and I'm not sure what I why I would need a screen protector over the guerrilla glass. At least not unless I want to get rid of finger prints or have one of those privacy screens. So am I an irresponsible parent or are you guys overprotective parents? I mean I'm sure it would help with protecting but is it necessary?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa