POLL: Can you use Audiojack & Bluetooth simultaneously on the SG3

Can you use Audiojack & Btooth simultaneously on SG3? NON-SPRINT

• Total voters

jecilop

May 18, 2010
Visit site
SPRINT USERS, please answer HERE instead to be able to relay the info to Sprint as accurately as possible.
ALL OTHER USERS, please answer here to help differentiate.

PLEASE ANSWER ONLY IF YOU'VE TRIED THESE SETTINGS (ie, You've actually answered a call on bluetooth without unhooking the Audiojack while actively playing files)

1) I CAN use the Audiojack and Bluetooth at the same time.
2) I CANNOT use the Audiojack and Bluetooth at the same time. I must unhook the Audiojack to take the call on Bluetooth.
In researching the SG3 prior to purchase, I came across some mentions that the Bluetooth and Audiojack do not work together well. If, for example, playing songs in a car via the Audio jack and having Bluetooth ready to answer a call, users had to unhook the Audio jack for the Bluetooth to work. I am assuming this is also true in listening to music via Audiojack/Speakers and having Bluetooth at the ready to answer calls.
I have brought this to Samsung's attention to ask about it. They don't answer anything you actually ask. I asked Sprint who has to hear from customers before it can be addressed properly if accurate. I have a feeling many people just get annoyed with it but don't contact them if this is accurate so I'm doing a poll to help report findings.

This should be a standard feature and not have to be addressed, but things happen.
This is particularly important for driving.

HERE is another thread that deals with this (and some possible work-arounds...hopefully temporary). This is a thread from Sprint users, btw...

Last edited:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: POLL: Can you use Audiojack & Bluetooth simultaneously on the

this is really guesswork mate but have u tried using a normal 3-pole audio jack instead of a 4-pole one?

jecilop

May 18, 2010
Visit site

this is really guesswork mate but have u tried using a normal 3-pole audio jack instead of a 4-pole one?

Any standard 3.5mm RCA jack should work. I don't know about getting into 3 or 4 pole. I just know the average user should be able to plug that in and not worry about it.
Thanks for trying to be helpful. I'm just trying to keep this thread to a poll of experience with the issue.

To head off future posters....NOT COMPLAINTS about it (the poll itself makes the point). We all know it's annoying! I can get more done with tech reps and the company if I can point them to short and sweet items to review.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

yeah i see the point in ur post but i was just thinkin, if u plug in a 4pole jack (4 metal bits on the jack) like on the earbuds that came with the phone, itl think ur using them as hands-free and could stop it from using BT

bassmig

May 25, 2012
Visit site

ok so I tried it today again and it works fine now. My only issue is that S-voice doesn't work when pressing my action button on my headset. I'm with Telus in Canada.

woodslink

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site

You can use SoundAbout from the Google Play store to be able to take Bluetooth phone calls while using the 3.5mm headset jack.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

Mine works, as per your # 1) "I CAN use the Audiojack and Bluetooth at the same time."

Using a Monster Cable w/ 3.5mm jack, and UConnect Bluetooth in a 2009 Dodge Ram?Laramie w/ a stock in-dash AM/FM CD/DVD/MP3 GPS Sat/Nav stereo. I think my wifes' works as well, in her car, with her Galaxy Note, but I'll have to go check it out, to be sure, and report back.
Btw, we're both on AT&T.

jecilop

May 18, 2010
Visit site

You can use SoundAbout from the Google Play store to be able to take Bluetooth phone calls while using the 3.5mm headset jack.

Thanks. I tried it, and it works perfectly. I didn't even end up needing the paid version. Default settings were just fine.
Now it switches per "common sense" in the car and even when plugged in to speakers as a "speakerphone" allowing me to talk handsfree.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I didn't need to find the 3-wire jack someone mentioned after your post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty