Females with Android phones

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
What, did someone finally put the finishing touches on that time machine and we're back in the 50's?

Females owning Androids? zOMG! I sure hope they have some big strong man to help them figure out how to work it.

Thanks, OP...for setting us back a few decades.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
What, did someone finally put the finishing touches on that time machine and we're back in the 50's?

Females owning Androids? zOMG! I sure hope they have some big strong man to help them figure out how to work it.

Thanks, OP...for setting us back a few decades.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

LMAO!!!! Your post is priceless!!!

This isnt the 1st thread of it's kind and sadly wont be the last.

unlmtdRW

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Im surprised on how many females hv android phones... How come they rarely post in forums...
Actually gogators1974, I believe females do post regularly in these forums, but because chosen usernames and/or avatars don't necessarily reflect a particular gender, it's not in-your-face evident. Just another reminder for us all to keep an open mind. ;)

I'm glad you started this thread as well, if nothing else it serves once again as a reminder that technology is not just a male-oriented interest. Thanks.

anon(855420)

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Actually gogators1974, I believe females do post regularly in these forums, but because chosen usernames and/or avatars don't necessarily reflect a particular gender, it's not in-your-face evident. Just another reminder for us all to keep an open mind. ;)

I'm glad you started this thread as well, if nothing else it serves once again as a reminder that technology is not just a male-oriented interest. Thanks.

This. I was already referred to as a "he" in another thread. But no big deal.

Oh, and just in case we're keeping track now, I do not have three kids. I have none.

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

I post quite a bit :p
It seems like I've seen an increase in the number of women on here since the S3 and N7 came out.

Why do so many women with Android phones have three kids?

Hey, I only have two, thank you very much! :D

Sent from my SPH-D710

unlmtdRW

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
This. I was already referred to as a "he" in another thread. But no big deal.

Oh, and just in case we're keeping track now, I do not have three kids. I have none.

... yes, and I have also been referred to many times in forums as a man. But it no longer surprises me after working "several decades" as a developer in a very male-dominated industry. I no longer get my hackles up, but recognize it's a natural human reaction to associate like-with-like, and just work to increase awareness and openmindedness. [edit: BTW, that's not meant to sound sanctimonious or anything, just friendly.] Besides, I know my username and avatar do not give any hint to my gender. It's a choice I make, and I accept resulting consequences.

... and "for the record" I too do not have three kids either *snicker*, I also have none.... so much for generalizations!:)

Last edited:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
we have snakes, a huge snail, and a stupid cat who cant seem to help herself gettin too close to snakes and gettin bit on the nose :)

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
My sister uses her original Motorola Droid that she bought in 2009. Something tells me she's still using Eclair.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
... yes, and I have also been referred to many times in forums as a man. But it no longer surprises me after working "several decades" as a developer in a very male-dominated industry. I no longer get my hackles up, but recognize it's a natural human reaction to associate like-with-like, and just work to increase awareness and openmindedness. [edit: BTW, that's not meant to sound sanctimonious or anything, just friendly.] Besides, I know my username and avatar do not give any hint to my gender. It's a choice I make, and I accept resulting consequences.

... and "for the record" I too do not have three kids either *snicker*, I also have none.... so much for generalizations!:)

See, I thought I picked a pretty feminine username and avatar, but I've also been referred to as a "he". Some people are just silly...

Sent from my SPH-D710

meerbot

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
+1 Android-loving female here! Started with HTC Incredible > Droid Charge > Galaxy S3. I love large screens and the ability to customize!

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87