Screen Brightness Widgets Don't Work

Wnrgway

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I've tried several seen brightness Widgets and none of them seem to work. Any suggestions on fixing this or is everyone having this problem?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Which ones have you tried. I've used two so far that work. I use the one built into the Switch Pro Widget since it has everything else you want built into it as well. I bought it a long time ago and have used it on every Android phone I've had for the past 2 years. I think you can try it for free.

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
someone should write a rom with only the good bits of touchwiz in it lol like the brightness slider (only prettyer) ;)

Synergy is that.

PS ICS blue > gross Samsung minty green any day!

Sent from my rooted/modded/stock Samsung Galaxy SIII using Android Central Forums

anon(181017)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
For now I've just got a pretty generic Elixir2 Widget that toggles a customizable set of brightness ranges. I've got mine set at 25, 50, 75, and 100. I'd eventually like to set up something like the above-linked blue toggle mod, but Elixir works for now.

I have Beautiful Widgets so I tried setting up a Beautiful Toggle when I first got the S3, but it would only go between whatever your current setting is and 100. Kind of not beautiful.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
anyone with a jail broken idevice have ncsettings? Best jail break ever. Makes the notification bar so sexy and organized.

If you click the sound toggle a volume bar will show up instead of the other toggles.
Same thing for brightness. A slider will appear instead of all the toggles.

Everything else just flowed right in with the notification bar. Extremely nice. Would be awesome if a rom did something like it

Wnrgway

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Well, I feel pretty stupid right now. I just needed to reboot the device. It's working now. :-[

I've been using power widget lite. When driving I need the screen at full brightness during the day, but at night auto dim works better. Like others, I wish the auto dim was brighter.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I highly recommend you check out "Display brightness". It's makes changing the display brightness anywhere and everywhere as simple as sliding your finger up (brighter) or down (dimmer) on the screen. It's really that simple. You can do this while watching a video, playing games, whatever. It's really handy when you go from inside a building to bright sunny outside and you forgot to turn the brightness up. Just slide your finger.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...berbigpepper.DisplayBrightness&token=te0zL0of

Also, I think that the dimmest setting is not dim enough when it's pitch black in the room. It's still too bright and hurts my eyes after a while (or wakes other people up, if you know what I mean) :) . So, I use this app to make my screen super dim.
"Screen Filter"
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tore/apps/details?id=com.haxor&token=z5RmbytG