08-26-2012 02:37 PM
86 ... 234
tools
    This is the smartest thing I have read coming from a former Apple user. I applaud you just for trying!! Its pretty hard to convey this type of thinking/action/mentality to people who are too comfortable in their complacency. The majority of people are happy being in the matrix!
    +1
    08-16-2012 12:36 PM
    I LOVED my iP4, I just NEEDED a change
    this is exactly where i am at. I am so tired of it. My dad just got the s3 and loves it. To be honest the build quality has grown on me and i love the customization, its great. Mine should be here on Monday. I have an otterbox commuter and zagg hd shield waiting for it. I loved my iPhone but right now the grass looks greener on the other side.

Thanks for the comments they are great
    Cheers
    SHiFT.
    08-16-2012 01:39 PM
    I also came from iPhone 4. Left behind ease of use. Messages and email effortless on iPhone. But I am enjoying Galaxy 3S. So far pleased with quality, enhanced by Otterbox Defender. That way both solid and yet still light. Got much more to learn but will keep going. Having fun doing it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    08-16-2012 02:12 PM
    I'm curious about the build quality myself. I've had this for 2 weeks. Totally love this phone. But the power button seems really loose and overall the body seems not as strong as I would have liked.

I'm probably going to swap it out for new one and see if the power button is just something weird with this particular unit.

The strength of the body probably wouldn't have bothered me that much, had I not held the HTC One X for a couple moments. That thing just feels so solid.

Everyone who's the GS3 longer than 30 days still feel comfortable that it's going to live long and healthy life?
    08-25-2012 04:01 PM
    I have had mine since June 21st and have had no issues with the power button being loose. No other build quality issues to date. Then again, I have had my GS3 in an OB Defender case since July 21st.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device
    08-25-2012 04:20 PM
    You need to use your vocabulary a little better. My opinion on build quality isn't the material but how it is put together. Just because an item is made of plastic doesn't mean it's build quality sucks. For example many DSLR cameras are made of plastic (although hard abs).

Plastic gives flexibility and lightness. If you remove the battery on the S3 it feels like it is 50%+ lighter. This means the phone is built to be light. Technically the iPhone 4 is also plastic except the gorilla glass on the back and face of the phone. The older iPhone's had plastic backs and not much people complained then.

Any screen will scratch, especially if you don't take care of it. You may think you baby your screen, but you might just be imagining that. Purchase a screen protector prior to purchasing the phone. Or install the screen protector before you set up the phone for the first time. You could always use a cover also. You really shouldn't get scratches on a phone's screen unless you keep your keys in the same pocket as your phone (why not just put it in the other one), you use it with dirty hands, and other small things.

If you still are worried about the plastic build, purchase a metal battery cover/casing for the phone, or think of a metal bumper.
    08-26-2012 02:42 AM
    ive had mine for 3mmonths and nothing has changed since it came out the box in terms of squeaks, loose buttons, damaged screen.. the battery cover is scratced but thats my own fa fault for throwin it around and i dont really care bout the back. it still clips on nice n firm. the polycarbonate makes it light and shock absorbant. i used to use polycarbonate on the bodys of radio controlled cars as a kid and you could hit a kerb at 30mph and it would just bounce lol (the abs chassis would shatter though lol
    08-26-2012 03:18 AM
    You need to use your vocabulary a little better. My opinion on build quality isn't the material but how it is put together. Just because an item is made of plastic doesn't mean it's build quality sucks. For example many DSLR cameras are made of plastic (although hard abs).

Plastic gives flexibility and lightness. If you remove the battery on the S3 it feels like it is 50%+ lighter. This means the phone is built to be light. Technically the iPhone 4 is also plastic except the gorilla glass on the back and face of the phone. The older iPhone's had plastic backs and not much people complained then.

Any screen will scratch, especially if you don't take care of it. You may think you baby your screen, but you might just be imagining that. Purchase a screen protector prior to purchasing the phone. Or install the screen protector before you set up the phone for the first time. You could always use a cover also. You really shouldn't get scratches on a phone's screen unless you keep your keys in the same pocket as your phone (why not just put it in the other one), you use it with dirty hands, and other small things.

If you still are worried about the plastic build, purchase a metal battery cover/casing for the phone, or think of a metal bumper.
    CORNING GORILLA GLASS

Who knows if the iPhone has GG? Corning cannot dislcose it. Why hide the fact that it has it?
    08-26-2012 08:30 AM
    even the GG site is crap lol. i wanted to download that gorilla wallpaper and the sound downloads "arent supported on this device
    08-26-2012 10:42 AM
    Mine only problem with build quality is this stupid home button...if your going to have one make it better it seems really loose and feels extremely cheap compared to the rest of the phone

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    08-26-2012 12:43 PM
    CORNING GORILLA GLASS

Who knows if the iPhone has GG? Corning cannot dislcose it. Why hide the fact that it has it?
    I thought apple advertised it as gorilla glass/corning when iphone 4 was released.

You can google "iphone corning" and find results that are official and non official news. Even in Steve Jobs biography they talk about corning and how they ended up using it.
    08-26-2012 02:37 PM
86 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD