What launcher is everyone using?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
oh right just noticed youre on an HTC mate sorry. nah s3 has the physical buttons. thought you meant those stupid dots that tell u what screen youre on ;)

leggy

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
i just love the Go developers i think. they just keep updating and updating and even though i doubt english is their first language, they take feedback really well and act on it. id like to know what any launcher can do that Go launcher cant ;)

Go launcher is not as smooth as Nova, Atom or Apex.

I do like Go launcher as it has a lot of customizations snd support but its just not as smooth.

gtlegendz

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Im using nova launcher but randomly the phone would restart only when im using it.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Go launcher EX. With updates rolled back so less of a resource hog

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Android Central Forums
i might try that man. it did used to be much lighter and most of the updates recently are just tryin to suck us into the Go ecosystem i think

aquafusiondane

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I tried Apex few days ago and during that time, my phone back went warm for no reason. I wasn't sure what is going on. I thought there is some rogue app that messing around with my phone. I reboot it a few time and it still very warm. It did messed with my led indicator. Preventing it from blinking. So I was thinking it must be the app that I installed and only on that day I did is Apex. So I deleted Apex and reboot my phone. It went back to normal, and my phone cool down. Few hours later my led indicator went to back to normal. Not sure what Apex did to my phone. It is really strange how that happen. I don't use transition effect. I kept that disabled because I don't need it.

I went back to Go Launcher. So I will give Nova a chance to see what happen.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

enjamin

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
i might try that man. it did used to be much lighter and most of the updates recently are just tryin to suck us into the Go ecosystem i think

It does kinda stink to have to hunt down an old apk to use because normally I want to stay up to dat with at least programs, (frowns at phone) but it wonts so

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Android Central Forums

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

I hated that crap. Why did one need b'day go launcher for go locker? Why do I constantly get things saying go launcher needs updates? Had to uninstall. Takes up to much memory too.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
i just love the Go developers i think. they just keep updating and updating and even though i doubt english is their first language, they take feedback really well and act on it. id like to know what any launcher can do that Go launcher cant ;)

I was thinking the same thing. I have no issues with Go being sluggish at all. Is there any features that Nova has that Go doesn't offer?

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
...Is there any features that Nova has that Go doesn't offer?

Nova has a particular feature that no other Launcher offers - GLOBAL Badge Notifications (little red / holo #'s on the App icons indicating how many Notifications that App has).
Other Launchers support it for SMS / GMail / Missed Calls, but that's not nearly enough IMO. Nova Launcher supports it for virtually ALL App icons.
I know it seems like a small thing, but once you have them, you won't be able to go back to not having them.

Link--> http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=199709

What that could look like (works on Home screens, App Drawer & WidgetLocker though images don't show Home screen)-->
d8da1db6-a1f0-7ed1.jpg
d8da1db6-a1f8-92ed.jpg

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

I agree with you. I tried Nova and I just can't fathom why folks pay for it wen Go Launcher does all Nova does and more plus it's free.

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Nova has a particular feature that no other Launcher offers - GLOBAL Badge Notifications (little red / holo #'s on the App icons indicating how many Notifications that App has).
Other Launchers support it for SMS / GMail / Missed Calls, but that's not nearly enough IMO. Nova Launcher supports it for virtually ALL App icons.
I know it seems like a small thing, but once you have them, you won't be able to go back to not having them.

Ok that's a cool feature. I see how it can be useful especially once notification bar has been cleared. I wouldn't care to use it but it's cool. I still think Go Launcher gives me more functionality than Nova does and the updates just keep coming!

ChunkyMPB

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
The first thing I did when I got this phone was look around for a good launcher. I was using Go Launcher on my Droid Charge and it was fine, but I wanted to explore my other options since that was all I had ever used. So, I went and downloaded ADW, Apex and Nova. I spent a full 2 days on each just to give them a good test run.

After all of that, I switched back to GO.

There's just something about it. I know it's not the fastest, but there's only a marginal difference (especially once you tweak it a little bit). I know it uses more memory, but we have 2GB of RAM. Trivial. I like that GO has their own Launcher and Locker theme "stores". It may not have all of the themes available, but it's a nice touch.

This is just my opinion though.

aquafusiondane

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, Go Launcher is still a great Launcher. I have a friend who is using Thunderbolt and complained to me about the HTC Sense issue like it kept restarting and force closing. He did reset the phone few times. I told him about Go Launcher and he loves it. I mean he is thrill to have it. My other friend have Go Launcher and she love it. She have MyTouch 4G, I had that before this phone. It run flawlessly on their phone and work well for them. I did told them to try Apex and Nova but I didn't know it was only for ICS or above phone. But they are still happy with GO Launcher.

One thing about the GO app is their Go SMS Pro. They really messed it up. Before few months ago, everything is so free. The features that came with it is free. Until now they are charging a premium for using local backup, go location, Facebook sync and screen shot picture . They used to be free and now they want money. The huge deal breaker is I have to pay every 180 days to keep using those feature. I mean charging for using a local backup!?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forum

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rabruslik