Battery drain

ysbg

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

First of all sorry if this is a topic that has been covered extensively. I did some research but haven't found really satisfying answers so far.

My girlfriend just got (Saturday) a galaxy s3 unlocked from amazon (international version) and is using it in the uk with 3. We've noticed that the battery goes down very quickly. For example, last night, without doing anything, battery percentage went down from something like 75% to 25%.

The main culprit in the battery stats is "standby cell", which consumes far more than anything else. I read here and there that there is an issue in an xml file about a value being set at 43 instead of 4.3, but this is something that only affects how standby cell consumption is displayed. In our case the battery is going down really quickly.

She will take screenshots every hour about her battery stats, and we will monitor more precisely the %age drop tonight.

Is this something normal? Battery life should be much more important in standby. Should I just contact amazon now and ask for a replacement unit?

Thanks for you help.

Last edited:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
hey m8. im on 3 with a gt-i9300 too. is it 3 branded or the sim-free one?
some gt-i9300 had a battery drain problem related to the radio software but an update aparently fixed this. has she checked for updates?

ysbg

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Hey funkylogic. Thanks for your reply. The phone is unbranded, got it unlocked/sim free from amazon. On saturday we did several software updates/reboots, I don't think there have been any since then.
Cheers

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
its completely up to date mate. fraid youre gona have to return it. dont let them fob you off. youre battery life defo isnt normal