Anyone else eager to LAUGH at what apple has to offer Sept 12th?

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Anyone else eager to LAUGH at what apple has to offer Sept 12

Still working fine on my phone ;)

Mine too. It's just another iOS warcry that Adobe is no longer developing/supporting it so they think it quit working overnight and every website is now magically converted to HTML5 overnight. Obviously that also justifies going the last several years without support at all (see, they were right all along! They've won by depriving themselves!)

I'll mark this post and update it when I go more than 2 days without hitting a site with Flash on it. Check back in 2015 or thereabouts. In the meantime I'll continue to enjoy Flash just like I have been for years.

Maybe when JB hits, it won't work as well though. But still....I had 3 years with Flash on my phone that the other OS didn't.

Last edited:

Archienj7

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

No it doesn't. My galaxy nexus connected just fine. So have most of the other android handsets I've owned. (syncing issues here and there) It certainly doesn't just work though.

You just said you have had syncing issues here and there with other handsets. It does have everything to do with what he just said. Apple wants to have their devices linking up with other Apple devices, they are designed that way for a reason. So people buy more i-products. Sure there are apps to get around it (third party, not Apple ftmp) and "some" might work fine but it doesn't change that fact it's true. Apple is in it to make money just like everyone else is but they do "hobble" their products to induce brand loyalty and keep people buying only Apple where a lot of others don't.

Also why is everyone dickriding Apple all of a sudden? I thought this was an Android forum.:confused:

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Most users don't need to email anything other than a photo? Seriously? Sorry, but all the users I support in a business environment do, and now that the iPhone has been used in a business environment for years already it's pretty sad to be honest.

What can't the iPhone email? I can email every single file type I've ever needed to from my iPad. As I said, if there are specific file types that you can't email, that is proof that the iPhone and iOS are not right for you.

As for flash... so now that flash is being phased out (not actually "deprecated" other than by Apple) does that mean all websites have gotten rid of flash and upgraded their sites to HTML5? Ummm... NO! I still find flash everywhere and I haven't seen all these websites make the switch away from flash just yet. Adobe is still releasing Flash updates for the desktop as well, just got an update only a couple of days ago.

Rev.

Flash has been deprecated in mobile. It is dead and will not be receiving anything other than security updates. Adobe is also moving totally away from flash on the desktop. They have made that clear.

I also yet to have come across a website that I use everyday that doesn't work because it uses flash. And video? Any reputable site has had HTML 5 video for mobile devices since at least 2010.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
You just said you have had syncing issues here and there with other handsets. It does have everything to do with what he just said. Apple wants to have their devices linking up with other Apple devices, they are designed that way for a reason. So people buy more i-products. Sure there are apps to get around it (third party, not Apple ftmp) and "some" might work fine but it doesn't change that fact it's true. Apple is in it to make money just like everyone else is but they do "hobble" their products to induce brand loyalty and keep people buying only Apple where a lot of others don't.

Also why is everyone dickriding Apple all of a sudden? I thought this was an Android forum.:confused:

You misunderstand. When I say syncing issues, I mean it will sync one day, and the next will have issues. That is absolutely not an apple issue. And read my comment again about the galaxy s3: it uses the same type of syncing as the galaxy nexus, but the s3 refuses to be recognized on a regular basis by googles program for syncing handsets with MTP. I had no such issues with the nexus.

seriyb

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

Adobe killed mobile flash. People need to move on.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

What you think about Flash really doesn't matter. The simple fact is that a lot of websites/videos are still using flash. Especially international.

Perhaps that's why iPhone has such a sorry market share outside of USA.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
What you think about Flash really doesn't matter. The simple fact is that a lot of websites/videos are still using flash. Especially international.

Perhaps that's why iPhone has such a sorry market share outside of USA.

The simple fact is that Flash is dying and people need to move on. The creators of Flash killed it for mobile. Mobile is the future. That doesn't bode well for the long-term future of Flash as a whole.

What I think of Flash doesn't matter. Abode themselves killed mobile Flash.

Again- the creators of Flash killed mobile Flash, even though Android has a much bigger market share than iOS. It's time to move on.

seriyb

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

The simple fact is that Flash is dying and people need to move on. The creators of Flash killed it for mobile. Mobile is the future. That doesn't bode well for the long-term future of Flash as a whole.

Yea.... ok. Tell that to millions (maybe billions) of websites that still use flash.
While it's still there, i see no reason to own a phone that doesn't support it. Why should i punish myself?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Yea.... ok. Tell that to millions (maybe billions) of websites that still use flash.
While it's still there, i see no reason to own a phone that doesn't support it. Why should i punish myself?

I don't have to say anything to websites that still use Flash. Adobe already did that...

...by killing off mobile Flash.

seriyb

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

I don't have to say anything to websites that still use Flash. Adobe already did that...

...by killing off mobile Flash.

Lol, ok, so adobe did.... It's still here, isn't it? Been well over a year I'd guess.
But of course you are right, as always.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Lol, ok, so adobe did.... It's still here, isn't it? Been well over a year I'd guess.
But of course you are right, as always.

New devices won't be able to install Flash officially.

And duh, of course websites will still use Flash. But again Adobe themselves killed mobile Flash. No new development. No new official Google Play installs.

Abode says it's time to move on and I'm sorry you can't comprehend that.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Then you're going to be stuck running old hardware and old software, because mobile flash in any form is dead.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Then you're going to be stuck running old hardware and old software, because mobile flash in any form is dead.

But it still works on my phone right now and there are a billion sites that still use it.

:rolleyes:

seriyb

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

But it still works on my phone right now and there are a billion sites that still use it.

:rolleyes:

Ok, what can/should i do if a couple of websites i prefer use flash?
Are you really that slow or you just like to argue?
Can you at least admit that there are websites that you can only check out at your desktop, unless you have flash? Or is this above you? Is it only my problem?
The way i see it is Apple users are the ones who have to use the old hardware (desktops) to have a "free" browsing experience. I just use my brand new Nexus 7.

Both of you are something else lol.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Can you at least admit that there are websites that you can only check out at your desktop, unless you have flash? Or is this above you? Is it only my problem?
The way i see it is Apple users are the ones who have to use the old hardware (desktops) to have a "free" browsing experience. I just use my brand new Nexus 7.

This has nothing to do with Apple.

And here's me saying that websites will use Flash, which infers that yes, to view that site correctly, you'll have to be on a desktop computer.

New devices won't be able to install Flash officially.

And duh, of course websites will still use Flash. But again Adobe themselves killed mobile Flash. No new development. No new official Google Play installs.

Abode says it's time to move on and I'm sorry you can't comprehend that.

Again, mobile flash is dead. Adobe themselves killed it.

Websites that still use Flash should invest in updating their sites so they can be viewed correctly on mobile.

This is not that difficult to comprehend.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Your nexus 7 can't officially use flash either. And as it gets more updates after 4.1 it will stop working completely.

No other manufacturer, with the exception of RIM, is using flash. Windows RT can't even use flash and it's windows for gods sake!

seriyb

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

This has nothing to do with Apple.

And here's me saying that websites will use Flash, which infers that yes, to view that site correctly, you'll have to be on a desktop computer.

Again, mobile flash is dead. Adobe themselves killed it.

Websites that still use Flash should invest in updating their sites so they can be viewed correctly on mobile.

This is not that difficult to comprehend.

Oh i get this all right. I just don't get why you roll eyes when someone says that they are enjoying their mobile flash experience... all it is is just a couple of apps to make this happen. Surely it's not an insane thing to do.

Also, never said it's Apple who killed flash. But they refuse to allow the users to choose what websites to visit. Google does not block Flash even though they don't include it anymore.

Anyway, have at it.... you can have your last words because your life obviously depends on it.

Archienj7

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

You misunderstand. When I say syncing issues, I mean it will sync one day, and the next will have issues. That is absolutely not an apple issue. And read my comment again about the galaxy s3: it uses the same type of syncing as the galaxy nexus, but the s3 refuses to be recognized on a regular basis by googles program for syncing handsets with MTP. I had no such issues with the nexus.

I don't have any trouble with my S3 syncing with anything and haven't since I got it. It could just be your phone has issues or may be faulty in that regard. Could even be the program, these things happen in any software/hardware. I can't get online on xbox live today but my ps3 runs fine. I've never had issues with that 360 and the PS3 usually won't connect. Technical difficulties arise everywhere all the time.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

Those that say the iPhone, iOS ....just works....need to tell that to these ppl then:

iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting - MacRumors Forums

I'm sure other Apple forums have similar trouble shooting sections.

No....phone.....or..... OS....is.....perfect. The just works myth, mantra shoulda died day one. Somehow its been allowed to proliferate and marinate for all these years.

These ppl must be "using it wrong"....talk about fanboy goggles.....wow.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

Those that say the iPhone, iOS ....just works....need to tell that to these ppl then:

iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting - MacRumors Forums

I'm sure other Apple forums have similar trouble shooting sections.

I was going to post the same thing about troubleshooting forums and how if it all "just works" then why are there tens of thousands of threads with iPhone/iPad/Mac issues... but with the way the fanboys chose to use Flash and Adobe's discontinuation of it as their sole crowning argument I figured I wouldn't even waste my time... I've got better things to do.

Rev.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress