Anyone else eager to LAUGH at what apple has to offer Sept 12th?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
That retort was stupid. First they get the front facing camera wrong - they only list the iPhone as having a 720p front facing cam when the S3 is as well. Actually the S3's front cam is higher in resolution at 1.9MP instead of iPhone 5's 1.2MP. They also list Panorama as only on the iPhone when it's been on Android for years!

Also, they list the A6 as Quadcore, yet everything I've read about the A6 in the iPhone 5 says Dualcore. iCloud, Photostream, and Facetime are irrelevant since there are plenty of software and services on Android that do the exact same thing. Maps with flyover is also irrelevant as we have that with Google Maps and we also get OS updates.

That comeback was uber FAIL!

@Funky, you should be ashamed for liking such a false comeback shot.

Rev.

Panoramic pictures were new in ICS. Unless you're talking about apps, but in that case the iPhone still had it first.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Panoramic pictures were new in ICS. Unless you're talking about apps, but in that case the iPhone still had it first.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

It came as part of the Droid X1....stock camera software. I still have my Droid X1...Other phones in 2010 and probably 2011 might have had it as part of their stock camera software. See...this is what I be talking about in the Apple vs Android debates. .

But if one doesnt know, they just dont know. No worries. ;)

Droid X1
http://www.droid-life.com/2010/07/26/droid-x-feature-panoramic-camera-shots/

Some more before the iPhone 5:

HTC One Series....dont if all the One series has it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gAT9nS6K1k

Galaxy S 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt67TdnNM9c

Galaxy S1
http://phandroid.com/2010/07/19/samsung-galaxy-s-review/

Last edited:

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

Seriously? My Droid 2 with Froyo had Panaromic pictures built right in. Just stop it already, you're not getting anywhere with your poor arguments. Why aren't you using an iPhone if you vehemently defend them, even so obviously falsely, to the grave??

Rev.

bkp100

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Apple made its name on "first," "cool," and "easy."
And, it launched the iphone into 40-50% of *their entire revenue stream.*

They're no longer first. However, does that matter once you build the loyalty base they have?

They are definitely still cool, which to some degree goes hand in hand with easy.... again, there is a very large never-to-be-technical base that loves "easy and cool." Until Android can deliver on the same ease of use, it'll be the more technical crowd that splits with Apple.

That being said, Apple has lost their visionary. So, IMHO, it's just a matter of time before Android does a major one-up on iOS, and becomes the king of cool... I'm not talking about cores, or resolution, or sd card capacity. Rather, a new approach to social networking, or a smarter way to make you look good in a video chat... Jobs was brilliant when it came to the human interface... Google needs to understand that if they ever want to take over the world...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
where i live theyre as cool as carrying a hair comb in your back pocket lol and they certainly werent first smartphone. the 1st iphone was basicly a music phone. nokia s60 phones were way more advanced

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Seriously? My Droid 2 with Froyo had Panaromic pictures built right in. Just stop it already, you're not getting anywhere with your poor arguments. Why aren't you using an iPhone if you vehemently defend them, even so obviously falsely, to the grave??

Rev.

I'm talking about stock android. I don't care if skins included it.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
It came as part of the Droid X1....stock camera software. I still have my Droid X1...Other phones in 2010 and probably 2011 might have had it as part of their stock camera software. See...this is what I be talking about in the Apple vs Android debates. .

But if one doesnt know, they just dont know. No worries. ;)

Droid X1
http://www.droid-life.com/2010/07/26/droid-x-feature-panoramic-camera-shots/

Some more before the iPhone 5:

HTC One Series....dont if all the One series has it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gAT9nS6K1k

Galaxy S 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt67TdnNM9c

Galaxy S1
http://phandroid.com/2010/07/19/samsung-galaxy-s-review/

Android has not had panoramic pictures until ICS. Blur may have; android did not.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Android has not had panoramic pictures until ICS. Blur may have; android did not.

LOL. You don't even know what you are talking about. You keep trying to talk about it being a function in the OS when it's not even an OS function. No matter how you try to paint it Android phones have had panorama for over 2 years now BEFORE the iPhone. The Galaxy S had it as well 2 years ago. You might as well accept it by now.

Rev.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
LOL. You don't even know what you are talking about. You keep trying to talk about it being a function in the OS when it's not even an OS function. No matter how you try to paint it Android phones have had panorama for over 2 years now BEFORE the iPhone. The Galaxy S had it as well 2 years ago. You might as well accept it by now.

Rev.

The iPhone has had panorama apps available since the app store opened. Stock android, which is the only thing you can compare to ios, didn't have it available until ICS.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Rev.

You are absolutely correct sir! I had panoramic pictures with my Epic 4g on gingerbread. I have panoramic pictures when I went to Ecuador in October 2010 to prove it too!

---------- Post Merged at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:22 PM ----------

The iPhone has had panorama apps available since the app store opened. Stock android, which is the only thing you can compare to ios, didn't have it available until ICS.

JHBThree you are wrong my friend. I took panoramic pictures back in Oct. 2010 with my stock gingerbread Epic 4g. Actually, it might of been Froyo!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
pretty sure i had a camera app on Eclaire that did panorama

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

bkp100

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
where i live theyre as cool as carrying a hair comb in your back pocket lol and they certainly werent first smartphone. the 1st iphone was basicly a music phone. nokia s60 phones were way more advanced

You're missing the point. It wasn't the first smartphone that mattered... It was the first to package, and market it in the context, and manner that Apple did...
Show me a hair comb that propelled its manufacturer to number 55 in the Fortune 500... and, I'll show you a cool hair comb... back pocket or otherwise...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
This pictures taken with my OG Sprint Epic 4G. Just had gotten my phone 2 weeks prior to going to Ecuador. Not great looking panoramic pictures like my SGS3 take but still panoramic non the less. Taken on top of "El Faro".

20101030204716.jpg

Shot at 2010-11-01

20101030204647.jpg

Shot at 2010-11-01

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
You are absolutely correct sir! I had panoramic pictures with my Epic 4g on gingerbread. I have panoramic pictures when I went to Ecuador in October 2010 to prove it too!

---------- Post Merged at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:22 PM ----------

JHBThree you are wrong my friend. I took panoramic pictures back in Oct. 2010 with my stock gingerbread Epic 4g. Actually, it might of been Froyo!

No epic was stock. Panorama was not included in stock android until ICS. Add-ins with manufacturer skins don't count.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
all my point was is that where i live, iphones arent considered cool, theyre the phone of someone who tries too hard to be cool.. like a 50yr old with a porche boxter. maybe the US will go the same way ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Ecuador is a cool place man. im jealous :)

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Vegas at Cesar's taken with the best phone on the planet right now....SGS3!!!

20120811154355.jpg

Shot at 2012-08-11

---------- Post Merged at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:58 PM ----------

Ecuador is a cool place man. im jealous :)

You would def love Montayita. Lots of Europeans there up to no good having fun right on the coast! ;)

---------- Post Merged at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:58 PM ----------

No epic was stock. Panorama was not included in stock android until ICS. Add-ins with manufacturer skins don't count.

You mean vanilla Android as in all Google phone like Nexus?!?!? So you mean to tell us that a Samsung Epic 4G stock......is not stock?!?!? Please enlighten us!

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Vegas at Cesar's taken with the best phone on the planet right now....SGS3!!!

http://imageshack.us/a/img854/2498/20120811154355.jpg
Shot at 2012-08-11

---------- Post Merged at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:58 PM ----------

You would def love Montayita. Lots of Europeans there up to no good having fun right on the coast! ;)

---------- Post Merged at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:58 PM ----------

You mean vanilla Android as in all Google phone like Nexus?!?!? So you mean to tell us that a Samsung Epic 4G stock......is not stock?!?!? Please enlighten us!

A stock epic 4g =/= stock android.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty