Anyone else eager to LAUGH at what apple has to offer Sept 12th?

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
1.) The voice commands to do something with email ("note to self"; "email bob jones"; etc.) seem to be hard coded to Gmail, and the initial account I set my device under. I don't use either for email so I would like to map this behavior to an account set up in Email.

I don't use the built in S-Voice, I use the Assistant app you can download from the market. If I ask it to email Bob Jones it pulls up the list of email apps and I tap K-9. It then opens K-9 to a new email with the contacts email address already in the field. So, works fine here for me. It will also take notes either using Evernote or it's own built in "Notebook" memory that the Assistant app has. I just told it to take a note "Buy milk tonight" and it asked if I want to save the note in it's memory or in my Evernote account (which I don't use) so I chose it's own memory. It saved the note and I was able retrieve it.

2.) I have two accounts in Email, work and personal. I can find no way to forward or reply a message sent to personal from my work address (which is often important for me to do)

K-9 email lets me change the sender e-mail to any account in my list. I have three email accounts and all I need to do to change which account it looks to be coming from is simply tap my email address. It then displays all my email accounts to choose from.

Using the built in apps I can't help ya there. But, create a new thread for it and maybe someone else can help out.

Rev.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I would like to see a list of things that are possible on an iphone but not on Android. Even if apps are required. Maybe even one that just compares stock vs stock.

For example I know that I can use SwiftKey and Tasker on Android but not on ios. What are some really awesome apps I can't get for Android that are on ios. I'm not trying to create a war just am interested because so many people always say the app store offers more than Google Play. But no one ever answers this. Maybe it's a thread of its own.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
Cause if they did the number of apps they would post could easily be counted on half a hand (arguably, I mean when it comes to apps it always comes back to personal preference.) Why do you think the iPhone users were so pissed when Instagram made their app available to Android phones? They lost one more point for why the App Store was better.

All I can think of that they have and we don't (that might actually be worth having) are the Infinity Blade games. And even those are hardly worth switching over for, or bragging about.

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see a list of things that are possible on an iphone but not on Android. Even if apps are required. Maybe even one that just compares stock vs stock.

For example I know that I can use SwiftKey and Tasker on Android but not on ios. What are some really awesome apps I can't get for Android that are on ios. I'm not trying to create a war just am interested because so many people always say the app store offers more than Google Play. But no one ever answers this. Maybe it's a thread of its own.

I never made that claim. They are essentially the same for me. That's why I had no problem switching from iPhone 4s to the galaxy s3.

What I mentioned is what you cold do when someone said you couldn't. Like PDF files or other music and video files.

You quoted me but put words into my mouth.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I know there's an app for that but when you just get a device you don't know what does what. I am a techie guy and get lots of people calling me to help with their iPads mostly. I am being totally honest that every time I try to do simple copy functions it doesn't work worth crap. My Android tablet is just like a usb drive. No itunes to worry about. And for what it's worth I love itunes as a player. I use it every day.

I said no iTunes to worry about. Sheesh.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
What I mentioned is what you cold do when someone said you couldn't. Like PDF files or other music and video files.

OK then, please explain to me the process for adding a shortcut to a .Doc file, a PDF, a movie, and a picture onto the iPhone homescreen. This way I will know for the future how this is done on the iPhone.

Rev.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Have to admit it owned the s3 in drop tests I was pretty impressed.

The amazing galaxy s3 :D
Those can be staged though. Besides many people buy cases and screen protectors for their phones immediately after getting them so I find drop tests to be an outdated way to compare phones.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
No defaults are set and button is disabled.

So strange, sorry I couldn't be more helpful. On my unit when I say "email Bianca Sasha (my cousins name)" it opens the app list for which email I want and then I tap K-9 and it opens to a new message with her email address filled in. Maybe if you install K-9 it might then pop up the app options to choose a different email?

Rev.

martinfan611

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
The reason for that is Apple makes everything for the iPhones. They will work on their apps until they can make them work right whereas on Android there are thousands of developers out there making apps and games. I don't get force closes on my Droid and I have my phone customized to the way I like it. I also have way more apps on my phone than anybody I know. But it stills works the way I like it too, quick and responsive. I am not anti apple but I do love Android.
Sent from myVerizon DROID BIONIC Android 2.3.4 using Android Central Forums.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Thank u bro lol i wanted a bigger screen but didn't wanna lose Wimax until lte is fully functional in Chicago so i bought my epic and ill say the extra .5 inches this is over my ns4g is really noticeable idk if i could handle the old note but would get one anyway just off bragging rights lol

Sent from my white Epic 4g Touch

In case it wasn't clear, I was trying to reply to JBHthree, but accidentally replied to your quote of JBHthree, lol.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
You don't have to use iTunes. You can use a device like Kingston WiFi drive and have your files on there. There are also apps that act as file explorers and you can put files into them and view any file. So yes in fact it is quite easy.

Here sir, I am going to paraphrase a previous comment made by your good self. It should just work. You shouldn't have to problem solve and install workarounds to make that happen.

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Here sir, I am going to paraphrase a previous comment made by your good self. It should just work. You shouldn't have to problem solve and install workarounds to make that happen.

Ahh yes. As you always do. Never looking at all the information.

So that we are clear, that thread was about rooting, while I in this thread was talking about apps. Rooting is much more difficult and could be detrimental to the function of your phone. Where as installing an app is not. If you can't see the difference, well then you should just stop trying.

I know its difficult for you to try and quote correctly and honestly, but really cmon, try harder.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Monkeyluis.... Please respond to my last post to let me know how to add an iPhone home screen shortcut for each of the file types I'd mentioned.

Rev.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

I know its difficult for you to try and quote correctly and honestly, but really cmon, try harder.

I feel like you should be telling this to yourself more than anyone else. Though, now your posts are starting to be just you waving off everything people say, and making condescending remarks.

Example, your last post I read was you quoting someone defending themselves and you merely sawing "Aww" like you're somehow above him. You've pretty much lost all credibility.

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Monkeyluis.... Please respond to my last post to let me know how to add an iPhone home screen shortcut for each file for each of the file types I'd mentioned.

Rev
Rev.

I did earlier when you were trying to argue with me. If you can't get out of your hatred and open your heart to the love of apple then I can't change the way you'll see my posts.

Oh wait....lol.

I said I didn't know that you could put a shortcut for PDFs. The easiest way I know is to have it in iBooks, goodreader, drop box, etc and have that app on the home screen. You can then open it from there.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site

So that we are clear, that thread was about rooting, while I in this thread was talking about apps. Rooting is much more difficult and could be detrimental to the function of your phone. Where as installing an app is not. If you can't see the difference, well then you should just stop trying.

You're implying that finding a gazillian apps to do tons of specialized tasks is easier than a once click root. Your comment applies 100%.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I did earlier when you were trying to argue with me. If you can't get out of your hatred and open your heart to the love of apple then I can't change the way you'll see my posts.

Oh wait....lol.

I said I didn't know that you could put a shortcut for PDFs. The easiest way I know is to have it in iBooks, goodreader, drop box, etc and have that app on the home screen. You can then open it from there.

Debates are no fun without snarky remarks.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
@ Monkeyluis - so you said it's easy to create shortcuts to the iPhone home screen but now you can't tell me how to add shortcuts to these file types? So it can't be done??

Rev.

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
@ Monkeyluis - so you said it's easy to create shortcuts to the iPhone home screen but now you can't tell me how to add shortcuts to these file types? So it can't be done??

Rev.

I said its easy to create bookmarks for websites on the homescreen.