[OFFICIAL] GS3 JellyBean Discussion

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: [OFFICIAL] GS3 JellyBean Speculation

hmm. if Kies isnt working then its a case of reinstalling it (ive read of people reinstalling it 2ce before it worked) or using Odin (which ive never used and know nothing about lol soz)
good luck mate... :beer::beer::beer:

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

ouch. im stuck man soz :(

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Dementikko

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site

I was able to install the Jelly Bean today and I have a been very satisfied with the performance of it except a few things... I didn't actually even know did I have the Jelly Bean or not.

1st, I watched a video in which Jelly Bean was introduced. It had a fantastic-looking camera app. I didn't get any update to my camera, does anyone know why? Did the new camera even come for the S3 version of 4.1? My camera is just the same as it was with the ICS.

2nd, Google Now. If I ask it "Who is the president of the USA?", it just searches the Web for that. I in videos I've seen, it gives a nice card instead of just the search results. How can I fix this? Google Now doesn't even speak to me or show any of its weather cards which it should be showing according to the videos.

3rd, do I really need to hard-reset my phone because of the software update like I have heard? I have used this great phone for just a week so it shouldn't have too much unnecessary things. Have you resetted your phone after the update to 4.1.1?

Thanks guys! :)

bakeri666

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site

1. No. The camera app is Samsung's own not stock android

2. You may need to upgrade Google search in the play store... I know I did.

3. Not for the problems you described but maybe. If you do, remember to back up your phone on kies

Dementikko

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site

1. No. The camera app is Samsung's own not stock android

2. You may need to upgrade Google search in the play store... I know I did.

3. Not for the problems you described but maybe. If you do, remember to back up your phone on kies
Thanks! It's good to hear that. I'll try updating the Search and maybe reset the phone. The

Do you recommend resetting by the way?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

yeah i got a search update after gettin JB :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

im considering rooting to back-up everything then resetting... usualy everything is smooth but i keep gettin a few seconds of lag while typing or scrolling..
be good for the phone to clear out all the old crap :)

Dementikko

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site

So if I reset my phone (because of Jelly Bean), do all my apps etc. go away? I mean, if I reset my phone do I need to install ALL my apps again?

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

So if I reset my phone (because of Jelly Bean), do all my apps etc. go away? I mean, if I reset my phone do I need to install ALL my apps again?
when you reset your phone and re enter your google mail address if your on wifi it will automatically start downloading all your apps again... but do a backup on kies for other stuff

Nek_Singh

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site

I received my jelly bean update a week ago and ive noticed the battery gets drained alot faster. I checked the battery stat and the phone's spending more time awake than sleeping even when its not being used.

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I received my jelly bean update a week ago and ive noticed the battery gets drained alot faster. I checked the battery stat and the phone's spending more time awake than sleeping even when its not being used.

Singh try the way Samsung told me.. Best to do these things from scratch

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

when you reset your phone and re enter your google mail address if your on wifi it will automatically start downloading all your apps again... but do a backup on kies for other stuff

and if you root it first, you can back up all the app settings

feenixfly

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

*sigh* 4.1 isn't even out for the S3 U.S. and some of the 4.2 features are already announced. What the heck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana