09-22-2012 03:59 PM
28 12
tools
    So, I love this damn phone. So glad I got rid of the iphone. I have customized it, play iheart radio on my road trips and have various widgets that fulfill my endless need of useless information (twitter, facebook, etc.) Other than the picture frame widget of my girlfriend's butt. What other cool stuff have you guys found?
    09-19-2012 06:12 PM
    I know you asked for some other stuff,but this is how i customized my beloved s3. My exterior is a white s3,white/gray case,zagg hd shield. Looks amazing in all white.

Sent from my S3(:
    Attached Thumbnails Seeing what everyone else is doing with their Galaxy S3-uploadfromtaptalk1348092983193.jpg  
    09-19-2012 06:17 PM
    Keeping my most important stuff on my homescreens and am emilinating the need to press the power button by having 2 lock screen shortcuts as well as a double tap gesture to put my phone to sleep

As well as easy access to my lux brightness and battery information at the ready

Not that I can show you any screen shots of anything thanks to the new Android Central Forums dimensions glitch

On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
    09-19-2012 06:51 PM
    Well I can show you my homescreen but my notification menu isn't able to upload

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
    Attached Thumbnails Seeing what everyone else is doing with their Galaxy S3-uploadfromtaptalk1348095102027.jpg  
    09-19-2012 06:52 PM
    check out Soundtracks homescreen thread in "stickies" for a MULTITUDE of ideas mate

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    09-19-2012 10:18 PM
    http://db.tt/yWlp07eV

my main homescreen right now btw, live fish wallpaper over a pretty background. it may not seem functional but each of those dock icons has a secondary use by swiping up on one (for example, swiping up on the camera icon takes me to gallery... sms icon takes me to gmail..) plus the dock is scrollable so i have another 5 icons with their own secondary function
    global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    09-19-2012 10:24 PM
    oops sorry its Prozac's homescreen thread in stickies, soz Pro mate

09-19-2012 10:49 PM
    .. play iheart radio on my road trips and have various widgets that fulfill my endless need of useless information (twitter, facebook, etc.) ...
    I use the OverDrive Media Console to download free audio books from my library (library card number required) and listen to them on my way to/from work.

If you are into podcasts, pick up the Pocket Casts app from Shiftyjelly.
    09-21-2012 10:39 PM
    Keeping my most important stuff on my homescreens and am emilinating the need to press the power button by having 2 lock screen shortcuts as well as a double tap gesture to put my phone to sleep

As well as easy access to my lux brightness and battery information at the ready

Not that I can show you any screen shots of anything thanks to the new Android Central Forums dimensions glitch

check out the "Screen Off RT" widget for a bunch of gesures like turning phone upside down, shaking, turning face down (my favourite) to turn screen off.
    its free, ive had it around a week, and theres no sneaky leadbolt ad's.
    just remember that although its an app, its in the widget list for some reason

09-21-2012 10:49 PM
    check out the "Screen Off RT" widget for a bunch of gesures like turning phone upside down, shaking, turning face down (my favourite) to turn screen off.
    its free, ive had it around a week, and theres no sneaky leadbolt ad's.
    just remember that although its an app, its in the widget list for some reason

Thanks sooo much, I love it already

Wish you could have more than one gesture at once tho, but I'm loving this feature already

I wonder if there are any other apps like it so I may use a second gesture as well

09-21-2012 11:17 PM
    no probs. i used to use an app called "shake it off" or something but it only worked with shake and was riddled with ad-ware.
    id love one that would switch off when i close my flip case

09-21-2012 11:21 PM
    Thanks sooo much, I love it already

Wish you could have more than one gesture at once tho, but I'm loving this feature already

I wonder if there are any other apps like it so I may use a second gesture as well

....this is why im gona study coding

09-21-2012 11:25 PM
    no probs. i used to use an app called "shake it off" or something but it only worked with shake and was riddled with ad-ware.
    id love one that would switch off when i close my flip case

I found the other one to this app, its called screen off tl and it's not a widget so u can run both at the same time

So u can now use two gesures now so I set facedown and bottom up

No homo, lmao

09-21-2012 11:26 PM
    All I need is now is a way to turn on the screen by using a gesture then I will be really happy

09-21-2012 11:28 PM
    Damn, the app uses a decent amount of battery, i took my phone off the charger and already lost nearly 7 percent in 22 minutes Seeing what everyone else is doing with their Galaxy S3-uploadfromtaptalk1348284769892.jpg

09-21-2012 11:32 PM
    they both use a lot i thought RT would only be usin maybe 2% which id live with. isnt this coz youve been testing them a lot? il check my batt usage for RT mate..

09-21-2012 11:58 PM
    Seeing what everyone else is doing with their Galaxy S3-uploadfromtaptalk1348286518736.jpg
    i have my phone on charge right now so dont know how accurate this will be.. once its charged, i wont use flip phone to turn off and see what percentage it uses.
    id guess even using the power button uses some % hidden in android system or something.
    i dont mind RT usin battery just when i flip the phone to turn it off but if its using a high percentage in background while waiting for a gesture/motion then ill uninstall

09-22-2012 12:06 AM
    p.s, i notice Avast is pretty light on your battery... it was using like 8% on me so i uninstalled

09-22-2012 12:11 AM
    they both use a lot i thought RT would only be usin maybe 2% which id live with. isnt this coz youve been testing them a lot? il check my batt usage for RT mate..

Yea, it was probably cause I tested it alot, it's gone down a tiny bit since

09-22-2012 12:17 AM
    p.s, i notice Avast is pretty light on your battery... it was using like 8% on me so i uninstalled

Yea, avast only really activates when I download an app, otherwise it doesn't hurt my battery

funkylogik likes this.
    09-22-2012 12:19 AM
    ahh, i download a lot of apps, only while at home with a juice connector nearby so i should maybe reinstall it. cheers man

09-22-2012 12:51 AM
    Check out an app called gesture way

I'm loving it so far, it would be perfect if it loaded faster

funkylogik likes this.
    09-22-2012 01:09 AM
    will do bro. downloading 2movies n 6 albums justnow over hspa+ so dnt wana eat into any more bandwidth lol
    thanx

09-22-2012 01:15 AM
    Just uninstalled, sucks up way to much battery even when not in use

12.8% very quickly

funkylogik likes this.
    09-22-2012 01:42 AM
    which app mate?

09-22-2012 02:05 AM
28 12