S3 in trouble and I Need Serious Help

petrienw

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi all. I am new to this AndroidCentral but not to forums. I know how valuable they can be, so I am coming to you all.

My phone is jacked. I have an I747 AT&T S3. I had it rooted but not running a custom ROM. A couple days ago I dropped it a foot and it cracked the screen a little in the lower right hand portion of the glass. But the phone worked fine since then. The screen is fine, everything was fine.

Until tonight. I took the battery out to put in my Hyperion 4200mAh battery and as soon as I put it in, all hell had broken loose. First, TouchWiz would "stop" and leave my home screen blank. As soon as I saw that, I took it straight to the AT&T store. They do a factory hard reset on it, which I could have done for myself, and that makes it so that the keyboard throws an error and messaging throws an error. It says "Unfortunately, Samsung keyboard/messaging/Touchwiz has stopped".

Since my phone has the crack on the screen, it voids the warranty. Is there any way I can reinstall the Android software or anything? Like a "super" reset? Anything? Thanks in advance.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
to me it sounds like the drop broke more hardware than just the screen mate.
my response in this situation is always take out expensive online insurance with a low deductable, wait a few weeks and report it lost/stolen to police, get incident number and report to insurance company, get new phone.
yeah it may be moraly wrong but so are insurance companies and the things they invest your money in ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

gabead

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Don't take insurance out. That is fraud and those are the reasons why insurance keeps increasing in price. I don't know about AT&T Asurion is not terrible and have come in handy in the past. Yeah I paid 5 dollars a month but I was never without a phone and never had to fork out the full price of a phone. If your phone is that bad consider it a lesson learned and save up for another and get insurance on it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress