Processes keep stopping......HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kyritsis

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I bought an S3 about a week ago and almost immediately starting experiencing problems with it. MTP would stop, android.core.process would stop, built-in camera function would stop (eventhough camera apps from store work perfectly), android.media.process would stop, MyFiles would stop.....the list goes on and on. After a frustrating ordeal, I got the phone replaced but they left me with the old battery. As soon as I powered up the unit, the old "Unfortunately...such and such process has stopped" messages reappeared. We are talking about a new phone with the same problems. I have not attempted any mods in the old phone and the new one is still wrapped in plastic. Could it be due to a faulty battery or is it possible this particular lot of S3s are defective? Has anyone had any similar experiences? Your input would be appreciated.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
That's strange.. I don't think a faulty battery would do that.
You mentioned the camera and gallery which are actually tied together. Its most likely something going on with a bad app or a bad file on the sd card. If I had to guess, I'd say a bad app.

You said you installed a different camera app? If so uninstall it and see if the problem goes away.
Or..
You can also try removing any files that you've added to the phone (pics, music, videos, etc..) back them up to a computer or something and remove everything off of the phone. Slowly add the files back one by one until you can figure out what the bogus file is.

kyritsis

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply but as I mentioned, this same thing is happening to the new phone onto which I have not installed anything yet.

---------- Post Merged at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:48 PM ----------

Thanks for the reply but as I mentioned, this same thing is happening to the new phone onto which I have not installed anything yet.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
thats f***d up mate. what happens if you reset and skip the google sign in process?
@cyber could there be a chance the NFC antenna in the battery is causin it??

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

---------- Post Merged at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:48 PM ----------

and you arent using an external SD?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Then its something that's syncing from your Google account.. possibly a Picasa album or Google Plus? Its definitely not your battery.. and its very unlikely to be the phone especially if its happening on two different devices. That's not a known bug/problem with that phone.

Is it constantly giving you the pop up messages "so and so process has stopped"? Or have they gone away?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
thats f***d up mate. what happens if you reset and skip the google sign in process?
@cyber could there be a chance the NFC antenna in the battery is causin it??

Could be.. good thinking. Only one way to find out... you need to check using another battery to eliminate that being the cause.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Could be.. good thinking. Only one way to find out... you need to check using another battery to eliminate that being the cause.

yup, that and try without signing in.
its all it could be....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinrshay1984