New GS3 user + just rooted, flashed Cyanogenmod 9, a few questions / concerns?

sianspheric

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys.

Just a few questions if you don't mind. I searched but couldn't find specific answers for these.

I've got an S3 (carrier: Rogers), rooted it, installed CWM Recovery and installed CyanogenMod 9 (stable).

Got a few issues:

I don't see a stock Camera app on C9, I installed a third party app (Camera Zoom) to get the camera going. Is there a built-in Camera app for C9??, not sure why I couldn't find one

The video playback capability of the S3 to play a video while in another app (the "picture in picture" kind of thing), that doesn't seem to work with the stock C9 video/picture app ("Gallery"), any idea if there is a way to restore this feature? It worked in the Video Player app before I rooted and installed C9, I tried it in VLC and it's not possible.

I also have noticed that there is no LTE icon on C9? My carrier supports LTE and it was working fine before I flashed C9. I've done a few speed tests and it doesn't seem to be matching my previous speeds. and yes I have the LTE network set as my preferred network, so I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.

Also does anyone recommend a specific battery stat re-setter for the S3? I tried Battery Calibration but haven't noticed any difference. A few friends suggested that once I was rooted and installed Cyanogen and all the carrier/Samsung bloatware was cleared out, I'd notice an improvement in battery life, but nothing so far.

Thanks for any advice/help.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
think i used Battery Calibration (the non root one) and it recalibrated my stock s3 by 8%
the "pop up video" is a touchwiz feature but ive heard theres an app that does it i think.
as for the rest... i dunno mate, maybe theres a patch for the TW camera app

why dont you flash one of the leaked JB apps anyway mate?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)