Fastest way to toggle auto-brightness; and Change plug in headphone apps?

jamesino

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Is there someway I can program a widget or create some shortcut to toggle autobrightness on and off? The fastest way I found so far is to create a shortcut to Display, but form there I still need to tap Brightness and then finally tap auto-brightness. Is there a faster way to do this? I have Nova Prime.

Also, when I plug in a pair of headphones, on the notification bar, there is a notification for headphones and there is a list of about 4 apps that pop up in there that can be used with ehadphones. Is there a way to change what apps are displayed? Could I put Pandora in there somehow?

Thanks.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
1st question, make sure your phone is up to date with updates coz most of us now have a brghtness slider and auto-brightness on/off when we pull down notification bar.
2nd question, i dont know but ill be watching :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
sorry i dont know. put my screenshot in the Verizon forum and see if people have it yet.
im on unlocked international s3 so got it long time ago...

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
At&t gs3 has the slider in the drop down also. Came with the first update after launch, if i remember correctly.

I am on build number UCALH9.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
You could use Tasker to create a single touch widget that would auto-adjust you're brightness, volume, launch an app, ect. I personally use Tasker with timed profiles to do things like turn off my ringer, turn on auto-brightness, and lower my media volume when I get to work. I could create a single button widget through Tasker to jump to this profile as well.

The app isn't free but worth the cost. It can be a little confusing but there's tutorials on YouTube and once you figure it out you'll love it.

Unfortunately those apps in your pull down aren't editable. Those are cooked into Touchwiz regardless of what launcher you're using.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
will these widgets require goin back to homescreen though or are they in not' bar? :thumbup:

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
will these widgets require goin back to homescreen though or are they in not' bar? :thumbup:

You'll have to put them on your screen, although you could quickly jump into the Tasker menu from your notification bar.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349583160402.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349583160402.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 21

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I think Verizon's the only vBulletin one who hasn't gotten it. Unless T-Mobile hasn't gotten it either. Such a shame. You'll have it eventually though. Second question. I have no idea.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Get this app called Widgetoid... It's let's u make a widget for almost every setting on your phone for easy toggling

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Since we're all suggesting our favorite brightness apps I'll recommend https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...berbigpepper.DisplayBrightness&token=4gabRIvnuploadfromtaptalk1349587966985.jpgEdit: have you tried scrolling left or right when that list of media apps comes up? I don't think you can add Pandora but since it's a music player you'd think it would show up.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Since we're all suggesting our favorite brightness apps I'll recommend https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...berbigpepper.DisplayBrightness&token=yHme70J8View attachment 40119Edit: have you tried scrolling left or right when that list of media apps comes up? I don't think you can add Pandora but since it's a music player you'd think it would show up.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

yeah PowerAmp doesnt show up mate and its my default music player :(

p.s, DisplayBrightness seems best option for anyone without the brightness slider update ;)

Mr Quince

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I use an app called "display brightness ", now I have an invisible slider on the right side of my screen to adjust the brightness whenever I want. You can also set it up so when you hold it down it toggles auto brightness. Also on verizon here, so I too have no slider in the notification bar.

Edit: just realized it's already been suggested. Mah bad.