Just rooted my phone,now what?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
grr need to use Calculations app (great calculator) to convert that to ?c lol ;)
...yeah thats cold (33?c) :)
mines 40 justnow

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Im most definite its your kernel setting.. That's extremely high for a low setting and thats exactly what would happen.. the phone rebooting/freezing/or not waking up...

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Im most definite its your kernel setting.. That's extremely high for a low setting and thats exactly what would happen.. the phone rebooting/freezing/or not waking up...

Oh ok thanks, I'll just be keeping the minimum as low as possible from now on

I was getting worried I soft bricked my phone

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy s3 running cyanogen mod 10

Like a boss!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
so does your kernel let u set the minimum to below the default? that should improve battery if its stable i think?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
so does your kernel let u set the minimum to below the default? that should improve battery if its stable i think?

Nope, i believe I'm still running the stock kernel, idk

I'm running at 1.52 ghz or whatever the max is and and the lowest minimum

Like a boss!

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
There are kernel settings that will drop you below the default level (around 384) and you can also play with voltage settings manually but then you also run into the same problem if its too low or not enough juice.. reboots/freezes/not waking up.

You need to find the sweet spot for your phone and never set the settings to "apply on boot" until you have tested the settings for a few days and you know everything is stable.

I keep my min at 384 and max at 1.51Ghz with the interactive governor. If you wanna ever overclock then do so but try not to mess with the min settings too much.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
tbh with a phone as powerful as the s3, theres no point in overclocking other than showing off with benchmark results.
any app thats slow on the s3 must just be a bad app or poorly optimised for ICS i think

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
There are kernel settings that will drop you below the default level (around 384) and you can also play with voltage settings manually but then you also run into the same problem if its too low or not enough juice.. reboots/freezes/not waking up.

You need to find the sweet spot for your phone and never set the settings to "apply on boot" until you have tested the settings for a few days and you know everything is stable.

I keep my min at 384 and max at 1.51Ghz with the interactive governor. If you wanna ever overclock then do so but try not to mess with the min settings too much.

yeah thats good thing about No Frills mate, it has a "safety valve" so if the phone boots off without being told to, itl reset to default to avoid boot loop

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
yeah thats good thing about No Frills mate, it has a "safety valve" so if the phone boots off without being told to, itl reset to default to avoid boot loop

It didn't work for me, I'm using no frills and after the reboot it was still set at 1.35 minimum

Like a boss!

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
You're on CM10 no? You should have a performance option built into the phone settings.. Menu>Settings>Performance>adjust CPU. Or you could always download the app setCPU.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
ouch.. defo dont check set at boot till youve run a stress test then?
actualy i read u wrong. the safety valve is for when the phone reboots unnaturaly (crashes) mate. not for a normal reboot ;)

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm too scared to clock. Lol. For the rom I'm running everyone keeps trying kernels, coming back, and saying that stock is better. So I'll stick with stock for now ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm too scared to clock. Lol. For the rom I'm running everyone keeps trying kernels, coming back, and saying that stock is better. So I'll stick with stock for now ;)

yeah people used to overclock to help their undepowered device play high-end games smoother but (for now) the s3 more than handles anythin u throw at it so theres no need other than to show off with Quadrant screenshots really

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa