Can't play videos from sd card

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I have some videos on my SD card. When I try to play them from the Gallery using "Video Player" I get an error message saying "Sorry this video can't be played". When I access the video directly from the "Video Player" app it plays fine. My "assumption" is that the Gallery can not play videos from the SD card so is there a way to move them from the SD card to the main memory of the phone without being rooted? Or are there other solutions?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
it can but do you mean videos youve taken on the s3 camera or downloaded ones?

and yeah just use the file explorer MyFiles thats included on the s3 to move files from Ext Sd to anywhere you want on Sd (internal memory)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
They're actually videos that I took with my S3 BUT I had to hard reset my phone at one point so they came back on the EXT SD card. In any case, your suggestion worked so I'm fine! I forgot about that MyFiles program. I tried Astro and ESFile and couldn't find a differentiation between the two file managers...
Thanks! :D

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
no probs pal :)
MyFiles, for bein really simple is pretty effective :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

HawsePlay

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi I did a factory reset on my s3 and now gallery won't play videos, it used to play them but now it wont. Just says "Sorry, this video cannot be played".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non