Google Now: help, tips

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
im opposite, ive asked about Celtic but no card.
did you get to the part just before add team?
uploadfromtaptalk1351641957591.jpg
did you turn the switch on?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

mstout2144

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I changed my S3 so that a double Home brings up Google Now. But when I push the button on my bluetooth earpiece, I still get S Voice. Is there a way to set it to get Google Now?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm... mine doesn't even look like that

hmmmm strange. youre on custom rom but i thought Now would just be stock.
ive just added manchester city fc to piss off Mervin and see if i get cards for them :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I changed my S3 so that a double Home brings up Google Now. But when I push the button on my bluetooth earpiece, I still get S Voice. Is there a way to set it to get Google Now?

not sure man but try disabling s-voice in app manager? its a longshot..

Tarraq

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
in home screen, long press menu key mate.
or long press home button and press bottom middle icon ;)

I have Google Search, but not Google Now. Under settings in GS there are no references to Google Now. Samsung claims that my firmware update have not gone right and that I need to have it serviced to get it reinstalled. Would this be possible to do on my own?

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I have Google Search, but not Google Now. Under settings in GS there are no references to Google Now. Samsung claims that my firmware update have not gone right and that I need to have it serviced to get it reinstalled. Would this be possible to do on my own?
The app is google. Launch it and hit the microphone in the search bar, that will bring up google now (or long press menu key). You have to enable it the first time.

eddieras

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
guys- my cards show my wifes upcoming appts too- she has her own google account and i have my own. i have both selected to show under the stock calendar but i don't need to see hers on the cards... anyway around this??

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
guys- my cards show my wifes upcoming appts too- she has her own google account and i have my own. i have both selected to show under the stock calendar but i don't need to see hers on the cards... anyway around this??
Did you by chance add her google account to your phone or vice versa?

eddieras

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
no, even under the settings for cards it shows my google account. yet i do have her account on my calendar (stock) so i can see her appts as well. it seems cards just pulls from the calendar. if i deselect her in the calendar app then her appt do not show in cards... but then they don't show on my calendar either. what'd i'd like her her appts on my stock calendar but only my appts on the cards....

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

when u longpress the menu key, it should look something like this mate
uploadfromtaptalk1351692786530.jpg
are u SURE u have android 4.1.1?
i read that someone else reinstalled it using kies but dont remember how mate sorry. if i come across it again ill link it

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
WOW! Now impressed me today. i had to go a lot of places and it knew everywhere i went without GPS and gave me an ETA of getting home as well as traffic delays and info about the place and historical/interesting places around me (all without me asking it anything)
the only thing was that the ETA and direction are all based on driving.... what about us bi-peds?
any way to let it know youre walking and not driving??

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
ok this is annoying me.. couple days ago i did a few searches for "US election 2012", "US election results", etc and gNow hasnt even shown me a news card.... it doesnt seem to learn from my searches and i have it set up to.
what am i missing???

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
hmph think il need to do a reset.
how did Now know you had that interest?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
maybe if i used my local google domain (google.co.uk)?

alikoyyy

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I used to have that problem too. I went to Language settings and changed the default from English (Philippines) to English (US). GoogleNow only works in that language, I guess. Immediately after, I long-pressed the menu button and the cards were there! Hope that works for you too!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i have it "english generic" as its the only one that understands my broad scots accent but other cards work, travel, weather, sport (kind of)
be a shame if i have to put on a crap american accent to get news updates lol :)

EDIT sorry i thought that post was @me lol *hides blushing face* :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa