Too many apps running on SGS3

kimbolas

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,
Just got a Samsung GS3 and for some reason many apps seem to be running all at once, although I haven't even opened most of them them!
I have been advised to go to my apps manager and shut them down, however, once this is done and after I haven't been using my phone for a while, as I open it many running apps just pop up!!
Also, once I'm done with an app I usually just press the return key to take me to the idle side of the phone, is this better or should I simply just press the home key?
Any ideas will be much appreciated, as I'm kinda useless when it comes to these probs.
Cheers

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Also make sure to clear your ram on a regular basis as well as holding down the home key will bring up recent apps. Make sure to close them there. That will help to keep them closed too. Also you can disable any apps that you don't need. May help.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
You could use "Advanced Take Manager" to automatically kill apps that are running, its pretty useful
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...skmanager&feature=related_apps&token=nvbFKL3F

Do NOT use task killers. They kill background processes necessary to maintain a proper signal and system operations.

Look for a detailed battery manager app, if these apps aren't hurting your battery life significantly than don't worry about them.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Do NOT use task killers. They kill background processes necessary to maintain a proper signal and system operations.

Look for a detailed battery manager app, if these apps aren't hurting your battery life significantly than don't worry about them.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

Actually for this one, you choose what you want it to kill...it doesn't kill everything on your phone like others so this one is safe...I use it and it automatically closes apps that you want to close that you never know are running in the background..this one is safe

Tarant

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Being able to kill a single is nice if you have an app causing problems. However you smartphone is smart enough to shut apps down when the system needs more ram. Just let the device do what it was designed to do.

pinatiger

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
If I were you just freeze all apps you do not need. And yes clear your ram often.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
the way i see it, just forget about it. most of those apps are doin nothing. let the phone deal with it :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

jamesino

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Why do you need to clear your RAM often? Apps do not consume battery life as long as they aren't using up the CPU %. By taking up RAM and using 0.0% CPU, the app is not taking up battery, despite taking up RAM. In a case where you run low on RAM, the OS will automatically kill processes to free up RAM.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
...yup its just remembering where you were in the app (cache) i think

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)