Galaxy s3 bench tests

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
lol which app u clear data from?

Am forwarding ur secret screenshot to Julien Assange

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess

Did you just use one of my posts to spam you spooky clown??

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

Am forwarding ur secret screenshot to Julien Assange :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

Am forwarding ur secret screenshot to Julien Assange

Please do not post advertising links to 3rd party websites.

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess

Wow these mods are fast.
Thanx man :)

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Fun reading. Just in case, thought I'd point out that everything you read on the Internet is indeed true. Really, or at least according to:
State Farm? - State of Disbelief (French Model) - YouTube
What I think would be interesting is to see how hardware specific results for the International Quad Core + 1GB RAM compared to the US Dual Core + 2GB RAM. So I ran two Vellamo tests. The 1st is with Power Saving Mode enabled,
Screenshot_2012-11-20-08-59-27.png
and the 2nd is with Power Saving Mode disabled. Thus with the 2nd test more CPU is brought to the workload party. Notice that the tests are for the Metal tests only. Subtests like Linpack and Stream measure the CPU and Memory subsystem's capabilities, respectively. Of importance for any benchmark test as others have alluded to above is the software configuration. I'm running Stock ICS 4.04. No tweaks, compiler optimizations, etc. For our friends in the UK, wonder what your results (undoctored, of course :)) look like for the same test with the Quad Core S3?
Screenshot_2012-11-20-09-01-14.png

Last edited:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Is Vellamo free?
And what settings should i do to the app 1st?
Did you reboot then clear ram + cache?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
uploadfromtaptalk1353446593574.jpg
On JB. why is my score so appaling compared to the int' versions on ICS??
Powersave off, rebooted, ram cleared.
I get like 54XX on quadrant
Lol i got beaten by the s2.
Il give it another run without clearing ram if it lets me....
Tried again and got this with all (i think) my persistant bacground apps force closed n scored a bit better.
See below

Last edited:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
uploadfromtaptalk1353448443694.jpg
Actualy i forgot to switch lightflow off but doubt itd have made much difference :)

Last edited:

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Funky, you bring up a good point above. I didn't reboot my phone prior to running the tests. To be a bit more scientific about it, I should have rebooted each time prior to running a test under the same conditions. Rebooting is a good best practice, though, and helps to clear any non-persistent stuff in cache and thereby eliminate "warm cache" side effects, as well as knock down any background processes.
Your second test comes in somewhat above my Power Save Enable run, but approximately 22% lower than the Power Save Disable run. Given both our S3's had the full #Core running for the Power Save Disable, then the delta could fall into a few areas like: JellyBean is more resource intensive, Vellamo may be more optimized for ICS and thus run faster and yield better results, or that some of the workloads in the Metal suite perform better when more system memory is present, or the memory subsystems between our phone versions vary in bus speed (certainly do in capacity). Its likely a combination of all four areas noted (and probably more). Take Stream for example. Stream is all about measuring and understanding memory bandwidth (summarized from STREAM Benchmark Reference Information). Stream puts sufficient load on the system so that as work moves beyond the CPU local cache and into main memory, systems with less main memory may struggle in such cases.
So, the above may account for some of the differences. I'm also not clear at this point if the Metal Stream (is that a rock band by chance?) is executing as a single or multithreaded process. In either case it may be that for the memory intensive parts of Vellamo (or any micro benchmark or synthetic workload mixture) the International S3 may not have enough system memory to support all four cores. This is probably only a worry in cases with more extreme utilization patterns and multi-threaded memory intensive workloads.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 47736
best score I could get jbean stock 1.4 quad
surprising funkys score so low when using same phone as me
GT-I9300 quad :cool:
Is it possible that Funky's phone is funked? (I'm resisting a less clean version of this joke)

Your Metal score and mine are less than 4% apart, which could be considered noise and not a concern given likely test methodology variances.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Funky, you bring up a good point above. I didn't reboot my phone prior to running the tests. To be a bit more scientific about it, I should have rebooted each time prior to running a test under the same conditions. Rebooting is a good best practice, though, and helps to clear any non-persistent stuff in cache and thereby eliminate "warm cache" side effects, as well as knock down any background processes.
Your second test comes in somewhat above my Power Save Enable run, but approximately 22% lower than the Power Save Disable run. Given both our S3's had the full #Core running for the Power Save Disable, then the delta could fall into a few areas like: JellyBean is more resource intensive, Vellamo may be more optimized for ICS and thus run faster and yield better results, or that some of the workloads in the Metal suite perform better when more system memory is present, or the memory subsystems between our phone versions vary in bus speed (certainly do in capacity). Its likely a combination of all four areas noted (and probably more). Take Stream for example. Stream is all about measuring and understanding memory bandwidth (summarized from STREAM Benchmark Reference Information). Stream puts sufficient load on the system so that as work moves beyond the CPU local cache and into main memory, systems with less main memory may struggle in such cases.
So, the above may account for some of the differences. I'm also not clear at this point if the Metal Stream (is that a rock band by chance?) is executing as a single or multithreaded process. In either case it may be that for the memory intensive parts of Vellamo (or any micro benchmark or synthetic workload mixture) the International S3 may not have enough system memory to support all four cores. This is probably only a worry in cases with more extreme utilization patterns and multi-threaded memory intensive workloads.

I only partialy understood that mate.
So are u on JB or ICS? :thumbup:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo