Email not pushing

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Since jellybean update in the UK, my email has been playing up. I deleted my account and reinstalled but it's not syncing/pushing... Only when I refresh the email and then sometimes it says 'login only allowed every 15 mins' but I can't find any setting mentioning 15 mins! I don't understand the peak schedule settings either. Help quick! It's built in email app and I'm hotmail.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I didn't like the stock email. So I downloaded an hot mail email app. It works much better than stock

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i only use gmail but have you checked that your email app is added in "accounts and sync" settings and the box is checked?
also daft question but in the notification shade, is the sync toggle switched on?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Since jellybean update in the UK, my email has been playing up. I deleted my account and reinstalled but it's not syncing/pushing... Only when I refresh the email and then sometimes it says 'login only allowed every 15 mins' but I can't find any setting mentioning 15 mins! I don't understand the peak schedule settings either. Help quick! It's built in email app and I'm hotmail.

Go to play store and type hot mail. Look for the dev Microsoft + seven. It is the only Microsoft app for hot mail. As an added bonus when searched its at the top. I get my email with no problems with this app. Let us know how you get on dizzymisslizzy:D

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
off topic but id hate to see my hotmail inbox lol.
i wasnt shy with my addy in those days so it must be infested with spam :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I'll try the hotmail app now!
And yes my sync toggle is highlighted, it wasn't at first but hasn't helped turning it on.

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
The stock email is rubbish. I found it to be slow in getting my emails. The iOS email is so much better in terms of receiving emails.
There are a few hotmail apps out there but the one I suggested above is the one that worked well for me.

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Ok I'm using the hotmail app now, and when I click on a new email its not displaying anything? All it has is the persons email signature in the main part of the email and none of the message. So its pushing but then appearing blank! Same with some of my sent emails, I can't see what I've written.
Stock email is still not pushing, I just tried setting it up to see if it was working but no. I can however read the emails that the hotmail app won't show.
When a new email cane through on hotmail app just now, I can't read it. And if I try and refresh stock email app it says that 'login allowed only every 15 minutes' ll but I've not chosen that anywhere! Argh!

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
udydenym.jpg

Someone please explain these settings!
Any other suggestions for good email apps? What's the built in k9 mail?

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
K9mail says syncing is disabled. HOW?! I have enabled it everywhere I can think of! This is really frustrating me.

Neotoma78

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I just started having the same problem as you. For those settings, set both peak and off-peak schedules to "push", then exit back to your home page. Pull the drop-down menu bar from the top, slide it all the way to the left, then toggle on the "sync" button. You should be good to go. At least, that's what I worked for me.

Cheers

justhelpingout

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys. I know this is way after the fact but I had a problem where I was receiving emails as late as a day after they were sent, sometimes not at all. I typically received them with an hour though. also, when sending emails from my hotmail acct on my phone it would send the same emails twice. Either way, it was really annoying as I was used to receiving them as quickly as my text messages. Anyway, I tried all the suggestions on this thread with no luck. Then I realized that my wife's S3 was set up differently than mine, so I looked and realized i set mine up incorrectly.

Mine was incorrectly set up as a "windows live" account when I first set it up (which I normally associate with hotmail). However, it SHOULD Have been set up as a Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync account. So I deleted the email account, and re-did it as an exchange account and the emails come in as fast as texts. Nobody at Samsung, Verizon, or anywhere else thought to suggest this. Hope it helps save you guys the hours it took me to figure it out!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty