Samsung Galaxy S3 puts macbook pro on standby / electric charge?

Edwardwee

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys! =)
I just bought a samsung Galaxy S3...
I've been using it for about 3-4 days and came across a strange issue...
When I put it near the trackpad (left side), my macbook goes into stanby mode!

Is that normal?
I have to say that when I hold my S III in my hands I can feel some kind of electric charge on the sides of the phone...

Now, this might sound a little bit strange to you, but that's what I experienced these few days!

Tell me what you think about it!

Did it happen to any of the S III users out there?

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I guess if I'm going to take you seriously I'll have to provide a serious response - this is really strange, though, I hope you realize that.

Do you know anyone else that has an S III, or do you have access to a store where they're on display? I'd suggest that you try holding some other devices to see if you experience the same anomaly:
1. If you do, then try some other phone models to see if the same thing happens. Hopefully you'll find another brand/model that you can live with.
2. If you don't then there's obviously something wrong with your phone and you should return it before your 14 days are up.

It's certainly possible that there's something jacked up with the NFC on your phone, but I can't imagine why your MacBook would interpret that as a signal to go into Standby.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Edwardwee

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey GSDer, thanks for your answer!

I'm going to the store where I bought the phone to see if I experience the same thing with the models they have on display...

I'll let you know!