S3 playing music on boot

WeeRedBird

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
My other half has a Galaxy S3 (UK Vodafone).

After it boots up, it will occasionally (about 50% of the time) start playing the Samsung theme music. There are no icons on the screen to indicate what is playing the music or why. The only way to stop it is to pull down the notification bar, on which it stops, again with no indication why.

Any clues to help track it down?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Are you saying that it plays the same tones that it normally plays during boot (when the Samsung logo is shown, and perhaps the graphic for your carrier)? It plays these tones again once the Home screen is shown?
I haven't heard of this happening, but I'd guess that it's some application, perhaps a Samsung one, that starts at boot. You could try long-pressing the Home button and see if any apps are active. You might also want to take a look at:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...pc.myweb.hinet.net.TaskManager&token=2RT6BH5U
You can use that to see what apps are starting at boot - if one of them sounds suspicious, you could stop it from running at boot, reboot and see if the problem is still there.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

WeeRedBird

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Its the same tune that plays when the Samsung logo is displayed, but its the full orchestral version that lasts longer. And loops continuously until you pull down the notification bar.
Will have a look at the task list (I've got an older phone and don't have some of the newer fancy features like that.) and that program.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Be sure to long-press the Home button before you end the tune by pulling down the Notification bar - that should show what apps are active.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38