Latest firmware update - what was it for?

alan sh

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
My S3 just did a firmware update - around 21mb. Anyone know hat's been changed or know where I can find out?

Cheers

Alan

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
From any Home screen, press the Menu button, choose Settings, scroll all the way down to "About phone", then scroll down and look at "Build number". You should be able to Google that and find out what the build included. You could also look at "Android version" and Google that to get a general idea of what's specific to that build.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Just updated mine. I didn't even know there was an update until I read this. I am gonna look at what it has updated for too

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
This is what I have found.

Android 4.1.2 XXEMC2 Firmware Features:

Here is a list of the amazing new features*Android 4.1.2 offers on the Galaxy S3:Android 4.1.2 ? JZO54KMulti-View (Multi-Windows Multitasking, same as in Note II)Page BuddyNew*Gallery*App (Same as in Note II)Notification Panel (Notification Panel can now be customized)Brightness Slider in Notification Panel Can Now Be DisabledSmart Rotation (Screen Display*adjusts to your angle of*sightings)Continues Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like*Swipe*or*Android 4.2 Keyboard)Paper Artist AppGroup Cast App
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums