Battery drainage?

xGromiTx

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

Usually i am lurking around but two days ago i got my phone from repairs and ... well the PrtSc can explain it better:
6ifqxe.jpg

Mediaserver 12% o_O (sync is off)
Device idle 12% o_O
Android OS and Android system 20% o_O
... if any1 can help reduce those numbers... well you have a beer from me!

Regards.

I have like 12 apps installed, the regular like fb etc and just 2 games lazers and gears of time.

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You haven't given us enough information to go on. You should include the following 3 screenshots at a minimum:uploadfromtaptalk1369293271994.jpgWe need to see the top portion of the screen, showing the graph with total time.uploadfromtaptalk1369293340310.jpgTap on the graph area to expand that view so that we can see what your signal quality was like.uploadfromtaptalk1369293421398.jpgAt a minimum, include the detailed view of the screen (and any other big hitters).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

chirag05

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know what's exactly draining my battery ?
And how to prevent it? uploadfromtaptalk1369312969996.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

chirag05

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Can now somebody suggest what's exactly going on? And also suggest measure to prolong my battery life.

chirag05

May 18, 2013
Visit site
What the **** is going on? When m uploading photo after tapping 'tapatalk' it shows "missing required parameter" .please help. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

chirag05

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Now I have posted All the pictures as ya had asked. Please help now.
Thanks

xGromiTx

May 23, 2013
Visit site
All fine for now i did call samsung cause even after the repair the software is still glitchy when texting, reading texts etc.
Tnks and enjoy the weekend :)

Last edited:

chirag05

May 18, 2013
Visit site
So are ya saying if my phone remains idle for almost couple of hours and drains 4%, it is normal???

chirag05

May 18, 2013
Visit site
No what i meant to ask is the battery draining rate since my remained idle in most of the time.
M looking for deep analysis.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
We're saying that the one screenshot that shows almost 2 hours elapsed and 96% remaining is pretty much a useless data point.
The other 3 screenshots that show 18 hours of use make it appear that there's nothing wrong with your phone - for very little usage, that seems an appropriate use of the battery.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

chirag05

May 18, 2013
Visit site
We're saying that the one screenshot that shows almost 2 hours elapsed and 96% remaining is pretty much a useless data point.
The other 3 screenshots that show 18 hours of use make it appear that there's nothing wrong with your phone - for very little usage, that seems an appropriate use of the battery.

Why screen is sucking my battery too much? I mean it is over 25.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The screen is one of the biggest battery hogs on the phone (along with cellular radio/mobile data radio) - it's not unusual for the Screen to be listed at ~29% usage for ~19 hours of ON time. The only real thing you can do to reduce the Screen numbers (other than not using the screen, which is rather pointless) is to reduce the brightness as much as possible.
I leave my brightness at the lowest setting possible when indoors and the screen remains generally readable. You can try something like Display brightness: http://market.android.com/details?id=rubberbigpepper.DisplayBrightnessPro (there's also a free version), which makes it easy/quick to adjust your brightness even if you're in the middle of a game. If you use the phone alot in dim/dark settings you may even want to adjust the brightness down further using something like Screen Filter: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tore/apps/details?id=com.haxor&token=_KKYXzHJ

chirag05

May 18, 2013
Visit site
The screen is one of the biggest battery hogs on the phone (along with cellular radio/mobile data radio) - it's not unusual for the Screen to be listed at ~29% usage for ~19 hours of ON time. The only real thing you can do to reduce the Screen numbers (other than not using the screen, which is rather pointless) is to reduce the brightness as much as possible.
I leave my brightness at the lowest setting possible when indoors and the screen remains generally readable. You can try something like Display brightness: http://market.android.com/details?id=rubberbigpepper.DisplayBrightnessPro (there's also a free version), which makes it easy/quick to adjust your brightness even if you're in the middle of a game. If you use the phone alot in dim/dark settings you may even want to adjust the brightness down further using something like Screen Filter: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tore/apps/details?id=com.haxor&token=MbzILxFV

I'm using my phone at Auto brightness and it is works good rather than pointing it manually at lowest. And one of the reason not adjusting brightness
manually is in sunlight ya can hardly see anything. And if you are walking out in the streets ya have to run and find a place where light is dim, that makes it worrisome n irksome. So it's always better to keep the phone on autobrightness.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
So are ya saying if my phone remains idle for almost couple of hours and drains 4%, it is normal???

No what i meant to ask is the battery draining rate since my remained idle in most of the time.
M looking for deep analysis.

Yes, it's normal for your battery to drain when the phone it turned on. It's never truly "idle." The OS is always running in the background, waiting for anything that might request OS services. The radio(s) are on, checking in with cell towers, connecting to or maintaining a WiFi or BT connection. Apps like email, Facebook, and many more sync in the background. The only time your phone is truly idle is if it's turned off.

Understand that this isn't a "phone." It's a pocket sized computer. And just like a laptop, if its on its using power.

speedspeed

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
there was a phone update a few days ago i installed
and i updated all applications i have
now my baterry seems to be discharging much quicker?

screenshot2013052421324.png

screenshot2013052421331.png

screenshot2013052421332.png

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Was it charged to 100% before you unplugged it 6hr and 24 minutes previous? If not, the stats being displayed include usage prior to the last charge, and you really can't read a lot into this. To reset the battery stats, and get an accurate indication of use, you need to charge to 100% and then unplug.