Phone not being recognised in download mode in Odin!

Daanyyaal

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
So, I tried finding the forum for GT-i9305, but I couldn't..

Anyway.. I'm trying to root my GT-i9305 which I recently bought. I'm using Odin v3.07, however.. I put my phone in download mode, it doesn't detect my phone. It detects my phone when I have it turned on in the normal mode. I've downloaded Samsung Kies already and when I go into Device Manager, I find my phone and it says 'Samsung Android Phone' and under that is 'Samsung Android ADB Interface' and the driver for that is up to date.

All Samsung Kies processes are killed and not running, phone is in debugging mode. I've factory reset the phone to see if it had something to do with the phone, but that doesn't seem to work either.

What am I doing wrong?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Odin seems extremely sensitive to the tiniest data quality issues. Try a different USB port and/or a different cable. If you're connecting through a USB hub, use a port on the computer itself, instead of the hub.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
What fixed it? Probably putting the phone in Download mode, THEN connecting it to the PC :eek:

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Daanyyaal

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
What fixed it? Probably putting the phone in Download mode, THEN connecting it to the PC :eek:

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

I had already done that GSDer. Thanks for your VERY VERY useful information. Helped a lot. :eek:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
venkat,
When you connect the phone to your PC, do you hear the PC beep once?

It doesn't matter if the Kies software shows that nothing is connected - just follow the instructions and Kies should prompt you for the model number and IMEI/Serial number.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Stephen Alcordo

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
So, I tried finding the forum for GT-i9305, but I couldn't..

Anyway.. I'm trying to root my GT-i9305 which I recently bought. I'm using Odin v3.07, however.. I put my phone in download mode, it doesn't detect my phone. It detects my phone when I have it turned on in the normal mode. I've downloaded Samsung Kies already and when I go into Device Manager, I find my phone and it says 'Samsung Android Phone' and under that is 'Samsung Android ADB Interface' and the driver for that is up to date.

All Samsung Kies processes are killed and not running, phone is in debugging mode. I've factory reset the phone to see if it had something to do with the phone, but that doesn't seem to work either.

What am I doing wrong?

Do you have a Samsung Kies installed? If not, try installing samsung kies and run it again.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
To access download mode, are you pressing vol UP after seeing the warning screen?

Are you putting the phone in download mode first, and then connecting it to the PC?

If yes to both of the above, try using a different USB port on the PC (and not a USB hub), or a different USB cable.

SongOfSickness

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue after flashing the 4.3.1 cyanogenmod rom on my G-S3. It ended up being a driver issue; flashing the rom seemed to change the drivers on my pc so it would still show up as a media device once connected via USB but not on Odin. Using System Restore on my PC to before flashing the rom fixed it right up.

Hope this helps!

itwork

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Simply, work on win7 if you are trying from win8 and make sure all usb device except mouse/keyboard are disconnected. And go for factory reset first taking all backup.

wasiq

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
none of it seems to work for me... neither working on windows 7 nor changing cables or posts or wiping data multiple times.!!!!
m working on stock rom- jpkph

plz plz help me!!!!!!!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
none of it seems to work for me
What have you already tried?
- are you sure you're using a data cable and not a charging-only cable?
- have you tried a different computer?
- have you installed the Kies software?
- what does Device Manager show when the phone is connected?
- assuming that the phone is working normally, does the phone show anything when you connect it?
- do you have Windows Update enabled and a valid Internet connection? Have you tried running Windows Update manually?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Machtyn

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
>Different person, same problem.

For me, I had just flashed two other Galaxy S2's (D710) just fine, then I put my third one in Odin Mode and I get the USB Device not recognized error. Now, I've had this problem with this phone before in regular mode, too. I'd rather not factory reset as I don't want to lose my app data, et al. That's why I was trying to root it in the first place, to get a good back up.

Am I outta luck? If I want to fix, will I have to factory reset?