When to expect Android 4.2.2

chirag05

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I have been eagerly waiting for the latest version of android, 4.2.2 on my Samsung Galaxy S3. After the advent of ios7 I'm more desperate than ever.
Does anyone know when will it land on?

Sent from my GSIII

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
1. iOS 7 isn't available yet. Most people expect a September release, so don't get your shorts in a wad over iOS 7.
2. iOS 7 really doesn't offer anything Android doesn't already do, so why get upset over a non-existent OS that isn't all that special anyway?3
3. What does iOS 7 have to do with what your Android phone does or doesn't run?
4. To answer you question, no one outside of Sprint knows. But it's been released for the international version, and Sprint generally follows several months later. So probably about the same time OS 7 is actually available.

chirag05

May 18, 2013
Visit site
It gives rise to jealousy as ios guys will have a latest os and i will be kinda deprived of new os.
For the record I have international version only.

Sent from my GSIII

Aaron Watson

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
1. iOS 7 isn't available yet. Most people expect a September release, so don't get your shorts in a wad over iOS 7.
2. iOS 7 really doesn't offer anything Android doesn't already do, so why get upset over a non-existent OS that isn't all that special anyway?3
3. What does iOS 7 have to do with what your Android phone does or doesn't run?
4. To answer you question, no one outside of Sprint knows. But it's been released for the international version, and Sprint generally follows several months later. So probably about the same time OS 7 is actually available.

Did they really release 4.2 for intl version? :eek:

Posted via Android Central App

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I've been on 4.2.2 since February, lmao

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 with a 7000mah extended battery... Because I'm not a chick with dainty hands or an HTC one user :p

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
It gives rise to jealousy as ios guys will have a latest os and i will be kinda deprived of new os.
For the record I have international version only.

Sent from my GSIII
Jealousy? Really? What's there to be jealous of? Ever consider the iSheep might be jealous of you?

--Tapatalk on SGS3.

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I have been eagerly waiting for the latest version of android, 4.2.2 on my Samsung Galaxy S3. After the advent of ios7 I'm more desperate than ever.
Does anyone know when will it land on?

Sent from my GSIII

you'll kill yourself worrying about it. best thing to do right is just forget about it. it's not worth the headache

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
As far as I know it's just the stock camera. The rom is for the s3 so I doubt it

And I really don't use my camera at all

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 with a 7000mah extended battery... Because I'm not a chick with dainty hands or an HTC one user :p

I did a search on that rom and it didn't say anything of a possible S4 camera features, so you confirmed it - thank you very much! I actually use my camera a lot - I guess I am at the other end of the spectrum as far as camera usage. :)

I thought I read somewhere that 4.2.2 had the camera S4 features - maybe it is just the real OTA if we ever get it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87