GS3 blew up on 18 year old girl

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else as confused as I am?
I don't think it's possible for us to meet the high standard of confusion that you've set - the rest of us are, however, running a close second. :eek:

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

chirag05

May 18, 2013
Visit site
It is really sad. It hardly happened in the era when there were no smartphones. For example Nokia 3310.

People never saw their phones exploding without any reason. Though I don't suppose using smartphones. In fact I'm a believer of smartphones.

Sent from my GSIII

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
It is really sad. It hardly happened in the era when there were no smartphones. For example Nokia 3310.

People never saw their phones exploding without any reason. Though I don't suppose using smartphones. In fact I'm a believer of smartphones.

Sent from my GSIII

Because, in that era, LI batteries weren't in common use. NiCad and NiMH batteries don't catch fire, but have a much lower energy density. People want ultra-thin phones, which means thin batteries. A NIMH battery the size of the GS3's would probably last only half as long (and people already complain about battery life).

I feel badly for her, but this is a very rare occurrence at worst. And it won't surprise me to find out the battery was damaged in some way.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
This is really sad. However, all things things considered, it is still a rare circumstance.

Sent from a Carbon Galaxy S3.

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
If it is true, it is most unfortunate to have this type of malfunction. Battery would be the best suspect for 'blowing up' accidents.

Posted using Samsung GS III

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
She put it in the microwave though. It was because she dropped it in water and didn't think to put it in rice.

Posted via Android Central App

Do you have something to support that statement? There was a case in Ireland last year where someone microwaved their phone after getting it wet, but this is a completely different case. Did you even read the linked articles?

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Saw a report in the paper today that an iPhone did the same thing.
There are many reports. Just Google it.

--Tapatalk on SGS3.