Screen panicking and becoming uncontrollable

xHylian

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys...

I've been frantically searching for a fix to this problem, and hoping that someone can PLEASE help me out here.
As of lately, my screen will begin registering numerous amounts of touches, and just start freaking out, and becoming uncontrollable.
Sometimes it happens very frequently, and sometimes it only happens once or twice a day... although lately, it's been happening a lot more often.
I've tried factory resetting my phone, and didn't seem to fix the problem.

Has anyone seen this problem, and know some possible solutions that I can try?
I would greatly appreciate any help that can be provided :(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Basic question, but is the screen clean? Sometimes junk on the screen can make things go a little haywire.

xHylian

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes, the clean looks perfectly clean and no scratches. I took my screen protector off, thinking maybe I had it on too long and it was causing problems from being dirty or something... but no luck there

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like your screen digitizer is kaput, but to be 100% sure you could try completely reloading the firmware and clearing the system cache (you can try that first). You can use the Kies software on your PC to reload the firmware or find the correct firmware for your model/carrier and use Odin - your call.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

xHylian

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Yup, tried that as well. I actually think I might have fixed the issue, and it was related to something else
:)

I'll update again though as to if the problem is permanently fixed or has just momentarily disappeared

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Yup, tried that as well.
Tried what - clearing the cache, or reloading the firmware? If you haven't tried reloading the firmware then that's your last option before having to replace the screen.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non