s3 both 3/4G?

ilmbg

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I thought my S3 was both 3 or 4 g.....
When trying to go from the horrendous costs of Verizon to Straight talk, Bring Your Own Phone, ST said I could not use my phone because it was 4g only.
I can use the phone in Garland, Wyoming, where we only have 3g. We don't even have the opportunities to use 4g!!
I can no longer afford to pay a total of $115.00 for just a phone with 4g of data.
There must be a better way...I am in Garland, Wyoming and Austin, Texas so I need to have service in both cities
:((

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I thought my S3 was both 3 or 4 g.....
When trying to go from the horrendous costs of Verizon to Straight talk, Bring Your Own Phone, ST said I could not use my phone because it was 4g only.
I can use the phone in Garland, Wyoming, where we only have 3g. We don't even have the opportunities to use 4g!!
I can no longer afford to pay a total of $115.00 for just a phone with 4g of data.
There must be a better way...I am in Garland, Wyoming and Austin, Texas so I need to have service in both cities
:((

Hi. Welcome to the forums.
I think what Straight Talk means is they run on GSM 3G, not CDMA like Verizon.

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
What services do you pay for? Do you use that 4gb data, or is 2gb enough.
I've never used as much as 800mb, so my Wife and I share the 2gb with unlimited calls and texts.