Broken galaxy S3

Briana Villa

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
ok so my screen is cracked but when i turn the phone on the screen stays black !!! the led lights work and th ephone charges the sound also works!!! what do i buy to fix it?? just a screen or more??:'(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you have a problem with a broken backlight or screen, while the rest of the phone still works. Unless you're pretty skilled at cellphone repair, I suggest bringing it in to your local cellphone repair shop to get an estimate. Unless, of course, you have insurance for your phone, in which case you should contact the insurance company and request a replacement.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like you have a problem with a broken backlight or screen, while the rest of the phone still works. Unless you're pretty skilled at cellphone repair, I suggest bringing it in to your local cellphone repair shop to get an estimate. Unless, of course, you have insurance for your phone, in which case you should contact the insurance company and request a replacement.

The S3, and other phones with OLED screens, don't have backlights, unlike LCD displays. Either the display itself is broken, or a connector was knocked loose.Your advice is good, in either case.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I always forget which ones have backlights. There are also situations with certain phones where some versions have an LED screen while others have an LCD (like with the Droid Incredible)--not sure if this was ever the case with the S3.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer