text pic

John Boney

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung galaxy s111 I got a straight talk sims from them phone works I can send & recive text but when I get a pic text I click on download it just keeps downloading when I try to send one it just keeps sending does any body know what to do

thanks

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
More information is needed. What is the Model number of the S3 you have? Do you have a Data Plan or a Texting Plan? "Text Pic" aka MMS will not work on Wi-Fi. When you open the Browser can you get to the Internet? Do you get a 3/4G connection? Be a bit more detailed with your response.

John Boney

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
I am having a problem with mms pictures when I open it is trying to play like a slide show. it is a Samsung glaxey s111 i747 . I can open but I cant swipe my fingers to zoom in or out. I have another one it works fine. they both have straight talk unlimted service.

Thanks

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
with mms pictures when I open it is trying to play like a slide show
This is common (if also undesirable) behavior for the S3. If there's only one picture in the MMS then it should behave as you expect. If there's more than one picture, or if there's text associated with a picture, then you get the stupid slideshow behavior. Nothing you can do but save the attachment then use the Gallery to view/zoom the image. Sorry.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

John Boney

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
I have 2 of these phones the other one works fine. the other one has 4G but this one has regular signal. They are Samsung Galaxy s111 i747

Thanks

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 of these phones the other one works fine.
Guess it's time to compare them - are they both running the same firmware? Do you have the same version Messaging app on both of them?

You said that one gets 4G and the other doesn't - have you compared the APN settings? I'm guessing that you'll find a difference somewhere; either that, or one of the SIM cards is jacked up.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro