Galaxy S3 Has Stopped Loading Emails

Ali Khat

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Over the last two days my Galaxy S3 has been having increasing trouble loading emails and now it's completely stopped. I'm using the email program that came with the device and it's set to pull up emails directly from the server. I've tried rebooting. I tried deleting a secure text app that I thought might be causing compatibility problems. No difference. I hit "load", it tries to connect for a few minutes, then nothing. My carrier, btw, is Virgin Mobile (they use the Sprint network). Please help.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Over the last two days my Galaxy S3 has been having increasing trouble loading emails and now it's completely stopped. I'm using the email program that came with the device and it's set to pull up emails directly from the server. I've tried rebooting. I tried deleting a secure text app that I thought might be causing compatibility problems. No difference. I hit "load", it tries to connect for a few minutes, then nothing. My carrier, btw, is Virgin Mobile (they use the Sprint network). Please help.

Welcome to the forums.
Try this: Settings>Application Manager>swipe over to all apps>scroll down to the email app in question. Click it, then click clear cache. Reboot the device. Hopefully that will help.

Ali Khat

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Okay, I just tried that and it hasn't fixed the problem. In fact, now, the email program doesn't even seem to be trying to load. It starts, then stops after a few seconds. Any ideas what I can do now?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I just tried that and it hasn't fixed the problem. In fact, now, the email program doesn't even seem to be trying to load. It starts, then stops after a few seconds. Any ideas what I can do now?

Unfortunately, no. Sorry.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Is your other connectivity OK? Can you access web sites without any problem?

Does this happen on cellular data, WiFi, or both?

Can you access the email account any other way, like from a web site or PC? Does that work?

Ali Khat

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
My connectivity to the 'net is fine. I can browse, I get Facebook notifications and I have no trouble getting email on my PC and laptop. The problem seems to be happening on both cellular and Wi-Fi. Also, as of this evening, my weather app no longer recognizes my location and just gives me info for my home no matter where I actually am, even though "Location" is on. And my battery, which had been draining rather quickly lately, is suddenly hardly draining at all. That would seem like a plus, but under the circumstances, I'm wondering if something that should be drawing power, isn't.

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I gave up on the stock email app. My Wife and I use Aqua Mail now. Up to 4 accounts with the free version. About $5 to buy it. Smooth transition.

AC App on SGS3