My Samsung Galaxy S3 is slowly charging, why?

inkas91

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Slow Charging

Hi. I am experiencing problems with charging my Samsung Galaxy S3. I am using a 1A charger which came with the device and the genuine usb cable. I plug in the phone to the charger when I go to sleep and in the mornings I see that it's still charging. It looks like it charges extremely slow when it gets to %93-%94. I downloaded an app called Ampere, and here are the results of my tests:

+ Using the Samsung 1A charger it shows 1000mA, but when it gets to %90+ it drops to 100mA + the charging time is far too much (sometimes it takes 7-8 hours) and still can't charge up to 100%. While playing around with the phone while charging it discharges faster than it charges.

+ Using Nexus 7 2A charger - charges SUPER FAST (for not more than 2 hours it gets to 100%) and the phone gets hot. I tried playing heavy games at max screen brightness without energy saving enabled - still charges very fast, the % of the battery increases instead of decreasing.

+ Using HTC Desire 1A charger - same effect as Nexus 2A charger - charges very very fast to 100%.

I've noticed that when I plug Samsung's charger to a new socket that I've never used before it happens that it charges as supposed to. I don't know what's the logic behind this. I think the issue is with my charger itself. I tried using the usb cable from nexus 7 with Samsung's charger but no difference - seems like it's not the usb cable. One thing I can't understand - the Ampere app shows the phone is charging at 1000mA (when below %90), but it still charges very slow with its own charger. I want to buy an OEM charger from eBay, but I know there are lots of fake chargers. Any suggestions?

By the way, I am afraid my Samsung charger might be fake, too. The phone itself is second hand.

That's the mark on the cable: "E232407-C AWM 21445 80'C 30V VW-1 MYUNGBO KP NT NON-PVC"

Last edited:

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 - Slow Charging

Hi. I am experiencing problems with charging my Samsung Galaxy S3. I am using a 1A charger which came with the device and the genuine usb cable. I plug in the phone to the charger when I go to sleep and in the mornings I see that it's still charging. It looks like it charges extremely slow when it gets to %93-%94. I downloaded an app called Ampere, and here are the results of my tests:

+ Using the Samsung 1A charger it shows 1000mA, but when it gets to %90+ it drops to 100mA + the charging time is far too much (sometimes it takes 7-8 hours) and still can't charge up to 100%. While playing around with the phone while charging it discharges faster than it charges.

+ Using Nexus 7 2A charger - charges SUPER FAST (for not more than 2 hours it gets to 100%) and the phone gets hot. I tried playing heavy games at max screen brightness without energy saving enabled - still charges very fast, the % of the battery increases instead of decreasing.

+ Using HTC Desire 1A charger - same effect as Nexus 2A charger - charges very very fast to 100%.

I've noticed that when I plug Samsung's charger to a new socket that I've never used before it happens that it charges as supposed to. I don't know what's the logic behind this. I think the issue is with my charger itself. I tried using the usb cable from nexus 7 with Samsung's charger but no difference - seems like it's not the usb cable. One thing I can't understand - the Ampere app shows the phone is charging at 1000mA (when below %90), but it still charges very slow with its own charger. I want to buy an OEM charger from eBay, but I know there are lots of fake chargers. Any suggestions?

By the way, I am afraid my Samsung charger might be fake, too. The phone itself is second hand.

That's the mark on the cable: "E232407-C AWM 21445 80'C 30V VW-1 MYUNGBO KP NT NON-PVC"

Welcome to Android Central!

It could be that the charger is bad or not up to the right specs if it is fake.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty