s3mini stuck in a loop, pc cant detect it , help please!!

teeron

Jul 29, 2017
Visit site
Hello people

I have a problem with my samsung s3 mini GT-I8200N. I was trying to root s3mini and something didnt went as it suposed to, after restart my phone stuck on screen with message:
"Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again".
Phone keeps restarting every 5 seconds so it cannot be detected by Kies on my PC.

Last edited:

teeron

Jul 29, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. You will have to reflash the stock ROM. You need to download your copy of the ROM, and use a PC program called Odin to reflash it.

Here is a guide to Odin: https://forums.androidcentral.com/a...rom-via-odin-new-interface-3.html#post5897423

Once you have everything ready, reboot your phone into Download mode and click Start on Odin.

You didn't read my post carefully Golfdriver97. The phone is in a state of constant loop, so PC can't detect it and the same with Odin. So no matter what I do there is always same mesage on the screen but there are little differences:
1.if there is no battery and I put the phone on the charger the message stays
2.if the battery is installed and I put the phone on the charger the phone will reboot after 5-6 seconds
3.if i connect the phone to the pc through usb phone will restart after 2 seconds

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You didn't read my post carefully Golfdriver97. The phone is in a state of constant loop, so PC can't detect it and the same with Odin. So no matter what I do there is always same mesage on the screen but there are little differences:
1.if there is no battery and I put the phone on the charger the message stays
2.if the battery is installed and I put the phone on the charger the phone will reboot after 5-6 seconds
3.if i connect the phone to the pc through usb phone will restart after 2 seconds

I actually did read your post carefully. Download mode is a separate partition of the device, and may not be affected by the bootloop.

teeron

Jul 29, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for reply Golfdriver97. Unfortunatelly I can't go to download mode. The battery is flat already, and I don't know how to charge it. When the phone is on the charger its constantly rebooting making that vibration sound.

Ok I think i made the whole thing look confusing and now nobody will care to involve. But everything is in the title.

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Never tried this way, but can you plug it in without the battery like you said and get into download mode?

teeron

Jul 29, 2017
Visit site
Also imposible. However when I try to do this (w/o battery), when I'm holding power+voldown+home, after about 10 sec 1 black line across the screen appear (like the screen would be faulty) for a moment and then phone restart itself. Funny enough if a change keys to power+volup+home 2 lines will appear. Wow isnt??