Better Battery

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
2800 mAh will give you a slightly longer time between charges. 3.8V is a marketing gimmick - lithium batteries are 3.7 volts. (That's determined at the sub-atomic level, the manufacturer can't change it and "make" a 3.8 volt lithium battery.)

If they're from the same company, and the same price, I'd go with the 2800mAh one. If not, I'd go with the company with the better reputation. (I always stick with Anker and Hyperion, and my batteries last longer than the phones they're in. The secret is to NEVER let the battery drop below 40$, except for the first 3 charge cycles - then fully charge, leave the charger in for at least another 30 minutes, then use until the phone tells you to charge it. Do it twice more.)

My over-10-year-old V551 batteries still give me about 95% capacity. The phone even has a camera. (That was new back then.) By the time the batteries die, someone else will be killing them. I'm 72, I won't live long enough to see them die.

worktorest

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I didn't know there were manufacturers selling 2800mah ones. Probably only know of zerolemon which markets theirs as 3000mah. I used the zerolemon's and they gave about 10% more battery life than stock, but the lifespan is pretty short I will say. I'm a heavy user so that doesn't make it any better. Now I'm trying anker, and so far it performs about the same as stock battery. They market it with a guarantee of 500 discharge cycles, so if I were to use 1 cycle a day, it would last me well over a year. We'll see. ;)

levjaskulski

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
I suggest buying a Power case. Why replace the battery when you can add a lot more and still use the stock battery at the same time. I had the Mophie and now for the same price I pre-ordered the I-blades. That will give me extra battery, plus 64GB and an Enviro Sensor blades that measures the air quality. Cool?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non